Author Topic: Trump says exposing ‘corrupt’ FBI probe could be ‘crowning achievement’ of presidency  (Read 925 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By John Solomon and Buck Sexton
Opinion Contributors

President Trump in an exclusive interview with Hill.TV said Tuesday he ordered the release of classified documents in the Russia collusion case to show the public the FBI probe started as a “hoax,” and that exposing it could become one of the “crowning achievements” of his presidency.

“What we’ve done is a great service to the country, really,” Trump said in a 45-minute, wide-ranging interview in the Oval Office.

“I hope to be able to call this, along with tax cuts and regulation and all the things I’ve done… in its own way this might be the most important thing because this was corrupt,” he said.

Trump also said he regretted not firing former FBI Director James Comey immediately instead of waiting until May 2017, confirming an account his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, gave Hill.TV earlier in the day that Trump was dismayed in 2016 by the way Comey handled the Hillary Clinton email case and began discussing firing him well before he became president.

“If I did one mistake with Comey, I should have fired him before I got here. I should have fired him the day I won the primaries,” Trump said. “I should have fired him right after the convention, say I don’t want that guy. Or at least fired him the first day on the job. ... I would have been better off firing him or putting out a statement that I don’t want him there when I get there.”

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/407335-exclusive-trump-says-exposing-corrupt-fbi-probe-could-be-crowning-achievement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope he blows a hole in the dam around the swamp that cannot be repaired.  If he gets that done it will indeed be his crowning achievement.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:20:23 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Damn, I love this man!     MAGA!!!    :patriot:    333cleo      :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He's very good with the talking and the promises.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He's very good with the talking and the promises.

Yep!  And he's pretty good at keeping those promises as well.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

I am happy you're satisfied.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He may be right on this one.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yep ... far better than most politicians and I am tickled he's doing this.  I hope some jails get occupants but I doubt it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I want to know where the FISA judge is hiding?  If I were lied to as this idiot judge, I would drag in the perps and have them indicted, but this judge(s) are silent.  Why?

Time has come to end this nonsense.  Pure corruption.  What has been done to Carter Paqe is criminal.

Yep ... far better than most politicians and I am tickled he's doing this.  I hope some jails get occupants but I doubt it.

Some cells are getting filled

More to come.

I want to know where the FISA judge is hiding?  If I were lied to as this idiot judge, I would drag in the perps and have them indicted, but this judge(s) are silent.  Why?

Time has come to end this nonsense.  Pure corruption.  What has been done to Carter Paqe is criminal.
https://lawandcrime.com/politics/judges-who-approved-carter-page-fisa-warrants-were-all-nominated-by-gop-presidents/
George W. Bush nominated Rosemary Collyer to D.C. federal court, and Michael Mosman to the District of Oregon. Ann Conway was a George H.W. Bush pick to the Middle District of Florida. Ronald Reagan tapped Raymond J. Dearie to take a seat in the Eastern District of New York. FISA court judges are appointed by the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, and the conservative Roberts named all of them to those position. Roberts was nominated to the Supreme Court by President George W. Bush.

The judges are not hiding.  They will be at work tomorrow morning.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

It'd be near the top of the list, but I'd put "locking her up" higher.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I think they serve on the court for a year, and then go back to their normal jobs.  I'm not sure they are particularly invested in the FISA court assignment.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

My inside information is that the judge was a good buddy of Peter Strozk and never even looked at the application. Just signed it without any  formalities.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What a comment from the president.  How many illegal immigrants in this country?  MS-13? 

Crowning achievement would be to make progress on stopping illegal immigration.  There are many important things.  I agree this Russia investigation circus has to end.  But a crowning achievement would be to stop strapping Americans with the burden of illegal immigrants.

How many Americans have had their Social Security numbers stolen by illegal immigrants.

Crowning achievement would be making progress in serving the American people.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What a comment from the president.  How many illegal immigrants in this country?  MS-13? 

Crowning achievement would be to make progress on stopping illegal immigration.  There are many important things.  I agree this Russia investigation circus has to end.  But a crowning achievement would be to stop strapping Americans with the burden of illegal immigrants.

How many Americans have had their Social Security numbers stolen by illegal immigrants.

Crowning achievement would be making progress in serving the American people.

@Chosen Daughter

Nope!  The Crowning achievement would be just as he says!  Draining the swamp. And cleaning up the mess at Justice is necessary for that to happen.

- J. R. R. Tolkien