Author Topic: There are new signs North Korea is serious about denuclearization  (Read 552 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
There are new signs North Korea is serious about denuclearization
« on: September 19, 2018, 12:47:39 am »
There are new signs North Korea is serious about denuclearization
Posted By: USA Features Media

As leaders from North and South Korea met in Pyongyang today during their third round of talks aimed at denuclearizing the peninsula, there are additional signs that Kim Jong-un is moving in that direction.

A Sept. 15 article in the North Korean newspaper Rodong Sinmum, the official publication of the ruling party establishment, strongly reaffirmed the country’s commitment to developing a new relationship with the United States and the process of denuclearization, North Korean analyst group 38 North reports.

In what looks like a critique of “U.S. conservative politicians,” the piece can also be viewed as attacking political opponents within North Korea. “No doubt as it is intended to do, the article gives Kim Jong Un more space to maneuver in dealing with the U.S. and with South Korea, especially in the upcoming summit with ROK President Moon Jae-in,” 38 North reports.

Read more at: https://greatpowerwar.com/2018/09/18/there-are-new-signs-north-korea-is-serious-about-denuclearization/

Offline Suppressed

Re: There are new signs North Korea is serious about denuclearization
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 06:08:08 am »
Reading the statement makes me more convinced they're up to their same old clumsy games.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kidd

Re: There are new signs North Korea is serious about denuclearization
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:22:15 pm »
Reading the statement makes me more convinced they're up to their same old clumsy games.
Yes. Trust has been deeply damaged by NKorean antics in the past.
This whole process will take a decade to make any real progress. The only difference with the Trump approach is that if this peace process falls apart, it'll fall apart in a big way (military action).