Author Topic: John Brennan hopes 'individuals of conscience' will block Trump's declassification order  (Read 356 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Brennan hopes 'individuals of conscience' will block Trump's declassification order
by Naomi Lim
 | September 18, 2018 05:00 PM

Former CIA Director John Brennan hopes "individuals of conscience" will stymie President Trump's order to declassify Justice Department and FBI documents related to the federal Russia investigation.

"A number of individuals are trying to protect Mr. Trump and abusing their authorities and their powers, whether it be in Congress or within the executive branch," Brennan said Tuesday during an interview with MSNBC.

"And this is something that I am hoping that individuals of conscience are going to stop and prevent because I am concerned that this is just one indication that Mr. Trump is going to increasingly look for steps to take in order to further try to subvert the Mueller investigation," Brennan continued, referring to the special counsel's inquiry.

Trump on Monday ordered the DOJ, FBI and Office of the Director of National Intelligence to declassify key materials to the Russia probe, including pages from the June 2017 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court warrant application to gather information on former Trump foreign policy adviser Carter Page, as well as text messages from current and former officials, including fired FBI Director James Comey.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-brennan-hopes-individuals-of-conscience-will-block-trumps-declassification-order
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of course he does!  He knows that what's in those documents will tear his cabal to shreds!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"Individuals of conscience?" WTH does that even mean?

The law is the law. If it is lawful to declassify these documents, it's within the President's right to do so. Trump is the head of the Executive, i.e. the boss.

If the underlings choose to go insubordinate on a lawful order, fire them and have them replaced. Prosecute as necessary.

We have Separation of Church and State in this country according to the liberals, so you don't get to apply your particular morality to a situation as you see fit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:05:10 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Individuals of conscience?" WTH does that even mean?

The law is the law. If it is lawful to declassify these documents, it's within the President's right to do so. Trump is the head of the Executive, i.e. the boss.

If the underlings choose to go insubordinate on a lawful order, fire them and have them replaced. Prosecute as necessary.

We have Separation of Church and State in this country according to the liberals, so you don't get to apply your particular morality to a situation as you see fit.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Calling for sedition, Brennan? You must be scared to death.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Night Hides Not

Calling for sedition, Brennan? You must be scared to death.

He's also scared spitless of sunshine.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nice to see the muslim Communist shitting his pants. It means Trump is directly over his target.

Offline skeeter

WHEN do the documents become available?