Author Topic: Blue Wave Recedes: Ted Cruz Up Big Over Beto O’Rourke In Latest Texas Poll  (Read 629 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Just like the media hyped Wendy Davis in 2014, the media hype for Beto O’Rourke has largely been the driver of his popularity.

Don’t take our word for it. Evan Smith, the CEO and co-founder of The Texas Tribune, tweeted the following out several weeks about O’Rourke:

The humping of @BetoORourke’s leg by every magazine in America is, well, something#txsen #tx2018
11:46 AM - Aug 30, 2018

People complained about what Smith said but it was not a reflection on Beto, but rather the fawning media coverage. “Oh, look! There’s Beto on a skateboard!” “Oh, look! Beto played in a punk band!” “Oh, look! Beto drives around to all the counties!”

https://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2018/09/18/ted-cruz-big-beto-orourke-latest-texas-poll/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Beto was fun in a sick way while he lasted.

But's it over.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I never bought into the notion that Cruz was ever in any real danger.  Dukakis ‘88 hype for the opponent.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Beto's anti-gun comments are coming back to bite him. I know some old 'yellow dog dems' who were old union democrats who didn't like that.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When you sample according to the the established mid-term election model, suddenly Republicans start leading these polls. It's darn amazing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
I disagree with the headline! In Texas the blue wave has receded, but across the nation its definitely a toss up!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Just like the media hyped Wendy Davis in 2014, the media hype for Beto O’Rourke has largely been the driver of his popularity.

Don’t take our word for it. Evan Smith, the CEO and co-founder of The Texas Tribune, tweeted the following out several weeks about O’Rourke:

The humping of @BetoORourke’s leg by every magazine in America is, well, something#txsen #tx2018

People complained about what Smith said but it was not a reflection on Beto, but rather the fawning media coverage. “Oh, look! There’s Beto on a skateboard!” “Oh, look! Beto played in a punk band!” “Oh, look! Beto drives around to all the counties!”

https://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2018/09/18/ted-cruz-big-beto-orourke-latest-texas-poll/

All the out-of-state money funding the media blitz won't work. The fake Hispanic is a moronic leftist.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I disagree with the headline! In Texas the blue wave has receded, but across the nation its definitely a toss up!

:happyhappy: :happyhappy: 88finger point 88finger point

Blog pimping BS!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:29:52 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
All the out-of-state money funding the media blitz won't work. The fake Hispanic is a moronic leftist.

Right, and I wish that Soros had expended ALL of his money on this race but, unfortunately, that evil old dude has a bottomless pit of money.

He can't take it with him but he can do a lot of harm with it here.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah, but a toss up includes a pile of Rats that were not even on the radar a couple months ago. Even NJ is in play.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Why would they complain?  I thought the comment was hysterical.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Why would they complain?  I thought the comment was hysterical.

Yeah, the comment was really funny.  I would add:  'oh, look, Beto says the F-word just like all the rest of us cool people do."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Already posted.