Author Topic: GOP offers to ban cameras from testimony of Kavanaugh accuser  (Read 512 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP offers to ban cameras from testimony of Kavanaugh accuser
« on: September 18, 2018, 07:20:45 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 09/18/18 01:36 PM EDT

Senate Republicans say they are willing to allow Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of a decades-old sexual assault charge, to testify in a closed session without the presence of television cameras if that makes her more comfortable appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday.

Ford has yet to confirm her presence at a Monday hearing that could be pivotal to Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

“She has the option of a closed session, with cameras or without. We want her to appear,” said Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a member of the Judiciary panel. “We want her to appear and she has said before we made the decision that she wanted to appear.”

Republican staff on the Judiciary Committee say Ford has not responded to requests asking her to schedule her testimony next week. Kavanaugh will also testify under oath.

Nevertheless, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), leaving McConnell’s office, says he still hopes to hold a hearing.

“I hope so,” Grassley said when asked if a hearing is going to take place.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407245-gop-offers-to-ban-cameras-from-testimony-from-kavanaugh-accuser
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP offers to ban cameras from testimony of Kavanaugh accuser
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:21:31 pm »
HELL NO
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:23:07 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 09/18/18 01:36 PM EDT

Senate Republicans say they are willing to allow Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of a decades-old sexual assault charge, to testify in a closed session without the presence of television cameras if that makes her more comfortable appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday.

Ford has yet to confirm her presence at a Monday hearing that could be pivotal to Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

“She has the option of a closed session, with cameras or without. We want her to appear,” said Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a member of the Judiciary panel. “We want her to appear and she has said before we made the decision that she wanted to appear.”

Republican staff on the Judiciary Committee say Ford has not responded to requests asking her to schedule her testimony next week. Kavanaugh will also testify under oath.

Nevertheless, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), leaving McConnell’s office, says he still hopes to hold a hearing.

“I hope so,” Grassley said when asked if a hearing is going to take place.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407245-gop-offers-to-ban-cameras-from-testimony-from-kavanaugh-accuser

The ball is in her court.  I don't think she'll appear.  Too much has come out about her and more will come out.  She has nothing and Kavanaugh has tons of witnesses and character witnesses.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:24:12 pm »
WTH is the matter with these Repubs...they never fail to shock me...
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 07:27:47 pm »

This isn't an official response. This is from one single loser making a statement.......Jeff Flaky.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:30:19 pm »

They are trying to create the conditions,  when Ms. Ford declines to appear,  to be able to win the PR battle that the Committee was being fair to her and bending over backward to make sure she could give her testimony in a non-intimidating manner.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:30:20 pm »
 ****sheep****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 07:31:33 pm »
The ball is in her court.  I don't think she'll appear.  Too much has come out about her and more will come out.  She has nothing and Kavanaugh has tons of witnesses and character witnesses.

Last I read she has turned down 3 or 4 committee requests to testify.  Considering all the inconsistencies in her story, I am sure her lawyer has warned of the consequences of lying to congress.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 07:34:28 pm »
Last I read she has turned down 3 or 4 committee requests to testify.  Considering all the inconsistencies in her story, I am sure her lawyer has warned of the consequences of lying to congress.

Yeah right.... like the GOP would do jack squat if she perjured herself twenty times to two minutes.

The GOP is proclaiming to everyone that they have no balls and to please like them because they are being nice to their political adversaries working to destroy them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 07:36:19 pm »
Well she's very traumatized you know, so she should want that, right?

Personally, I'd give it to CSPAN to show and that's it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »
But she STILL won't show up.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 07:53:06 pm »
They are trying to create the conditions,  when Ms. Ford declines to appear,  to be able to win the PR battle that the Committee was being fair to her and bending over backward to make sure she could give her testimony in a non-intimidating manner.   

Exactly. And given that we are coming up on a midterm election, that's very important.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 07:57:28 pm »
Lots of lights, lots of cameras. If you are trying to destroy a man, you are obligated to do it under oath in public.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 07:58:34 pm »
Exactly. And given that we are coming up on a midterm election, that's very important.

Tend to agree. Always look completely fair to liberals so that they can hang themselves with no blowback.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 02:48:09 am »
"GOP offers to ban cameras from testimony of Kavanaugh accuser"

NO !!
Put her under the lights.
Make her sweat.

Her demeanor will reveal more than her testimony.

Another STUPID MOVE by the G.O.P. (e pluribus unum)