Author Topic: Senate approves $854B spending bill  (Read 1147 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate approves $854B spending bill
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:44:43 pm »
Senate approves $854B spending bill
By Jordain Carney and Niv Elis - 09/18/18 01:09 PM EDT

The Senate is racing to avoid the third government shutdown of the year ahead of a looming end-of-the-month deadline.

Senators on Tuesday voted 93-7 to pass a sweeping $854 billion spending bill that includes funding for the Departments of Defense, Health and Human Services, Labor and Education, which make up the lion’s share of total government spending.

Six Republicans, Jeff Flake (Ariz.), Mike Lee (Utah), Rand Paul (Ky.), David Perdue (Ga.), Ben Sasse (Neb.) and Pat Toomey (Pa.), joined Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in voting against the bill, which also includes a short-term stopgap bill to fund the rest of the government through Dec. 7 and prevent a shutdown that would start Oct. 1.

Passage of the sweeping package of defense and domestic spending marks a significant victory for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) who has dedicated weeks of floor time to government funding and avoiding another catch-all omnibus bill less than two months before the midterm election, where control of Congress hangs in the balance.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/407218-senate-approves-854b-spending-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Senate approves $854B spending bill
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:03:00 pm »
Add that to the $150 Billion supplemental they passed the other week, and we have now surpassed $1 Trillion in two spending measures this year (last one in March for 1.4 Trillion). Good job guys.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:21:38 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:13:27 pm »
This is not a budget, but once again, another temporary spending bill that does nothing but exacerbate our debt further.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »
This is not a budget, but once again, another temporary spending bill that does nothing but exacerbate our debt further.

Remember a certain someone (not naming any names) promised to not sign another spending bill like he signed in March.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 07:50:51 pm »
What the actual hell.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 08:15:24 pm »
What the actual hell.

Don't pretend you are surprised. :)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 12:41:52 am »
Remember a certain someone (not naming any names) promised to not sign another spending bill like he signed in March.

I can't figure that one out but I am sure it sounds familiar.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 10:20:21 am »
HE FIGHTS!!!

Sure, it's almost a $trillion, but it's going to keep the government open until after the election (actually almost 3 full months), it spends nothing on the wall, and most importantly it keeps Planned Parenthood funded and eviscerating unborn children.  Yet NT's want to lose all this? :shrug:

Our President, ordained by a higher power, has done all that he can to MAKE AMERICA GREAT.  At every turn he is betrayed by commie lib haters like Jeff Sessions, Rod Rosenstein, Chris Wray, Michael Cohen, Don McGahn, Rex Tillerson, Steve Goldstein, Reince Prebus, the Mooch, Omarosa and other traitors he appointed.

I would like to remind the NTs that President Trump won a historic victory in 2016.  Don't believe me?  Did you forget what the President Trump told us less than 2 weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1038604758582484993?lang=en
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Dems have tried every trick in the playbook-call me everything under the sun. But if I’m all of those terrible things, how come I beat them so badly, 306-223? Maybe they’re just not very good! The fact is they are going CRAZY only because they know they can’t beat me in 2020!

6:47 PM - 8 Sep 2018

Don't believe our President still?  Here are 92 more tweets  http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/06/the_donald_trump_election_brag_tracker.html

Clearly some snowflake can't get over how historic that was, but check President Trump's and the GOP's promises kept :patriot:

• Passed taxcuts with only a Republican controlled House and Senate.
  • Raised Taxes on US Consumer Goods.
  • Repealed and replaced Obamacare.
  • Built the Wall.
  • Locked up crooked Hitlery.
  • Drained the Swamp.
  • Restored warm relationships with American allies Putin and Jong Un.
  • Restored dignity and confidence in American institutions like the DOJ, FBI, and CIA.
  • Praised the proud tiki-weilding defenders of confederate statues in Charlotteville.  Great leadership.
  • Popularized the Phrase "Grab em by the P***y.
  • Ended plane crashes.
  • Made it safe to say Merry Christmas again.
  • Coffeve.
  • Scandal Free and Transparent.
  • I've got room on the list for more if anyone has suggestions, or I can reword the stuff I've already written 4 or 5 times and hope nobody notices it's the same stuff

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 11:19:42 am »
@Once-Ler

Didn't Trump also ensure that the US is now safe from NK's nuclear aggression?  He's also restored good relations with our friend, Russia, while trashing our enemies like Canada, the UK and Germany.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 02:31:05 pm »
HE FIGHTS!!!

Sure, it's almost a $trillion, but it's going to keep the government open until after the election (actually almost 3 full months), it spends nothing on the wall, and most importantly it keeps Planned Parenthood funded and eviscerating unborn children.  Yet NT's want to lose all this? :shrug:

Our President, ordained by a higher power, has done all that he can to MAKE AMERICA GREAT.  At every turn he is betrayed by commie lib haters like Jeff Sessions, Rod Rosenstein, Chris Wray, Michael Cohen, Don McGahn, Rex Tillerson, Steve Goldstein, Reince Prebus, the Mooch, Omarosa and other traitors he appointed.

I would like to remind the NTs that President Trump won a historic victory in 2016.  Don't believe me?  Did you forget what the President Trump told us less than 2 weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1038604758582484993?lang=en
Don't believe our President still?  Here are 92 more tweets  http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/06/the_donald_trump_election_brag_tracker.html

Clearly some snowflake can't get over how historic that was, but check President Trump's and the GOP's promises kept :patriot:

• Passed taxcuts with only a Republican controlled House and Senate.
  • Raised Taxes on US Consumer Goods.
  • Repealed and replaced Obamacare.
  • Built the Wall.
  • Locked up crooked Hitlery.
  • Drained the Swamp.
  • Restored warm relationships with American allies Putin and Jong Un.
  • Restored dignity and confidence in American institutions like the DOJ, FBI, and CIA.
  • Praised the proud tiki-weilding defenders of confederate statues in Charlotteville.  Great leadership.
  • Popularized the Phrase "Grab em by the P***y.
  • Ended plane crashes.
  • Made it safe to say Merry Christmas again.
  • Coffeve.
  • Scandal Free and Transparent.
  • I've got room on the list for more if anyone has suggestions, or I can reword the stuff I've already written 4 or 5 times and hope nobody notices it's the same stuff

A slight edit for #4:  Built the Wall, paid for courtesy of Mexico.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 09:01:57 pm »
 :2popcorn:

The excuses for this are gonna be fun to read.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 09:51:38 pm »
:2popcorn:

The excuses for this are gonna be fun to read.

Don't hold your breath, @txradioguy. There's a couple of Ever-Trumpers I'm thinking of, but I'm sure as heck not going to ping them.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 11:24:56 pm »
Add that to the $150 Billion supplemental they passed the other week, and we have now surpassed $1 Trillion in two spending measures this year (last one in March for 1.4 Trillion). Good job guys.

700B
1,500B
  700B
  150B
  850B
______
$3,800,000,000.00 this year in rough numbers

so.much.winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 11:29:48 pm »
  700B
1,500B
  700B
  150B
  850B
______
$3,800,000,000.00 this year in rough numbers

so.much.winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

Winning ain't cheap, just ask the Golden State Warriors @roamer_1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 11:32:59 am »
This Administration is adding to the deficit like a drunken liberal but it's OK for the hypocrites because it's "their guy" doing the spending.  *****rollingeyes*****
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 07:35:58 pm »
This Administration is adding to the deficit like a drunken liberal but it's OK for the hypocrites because it's "their guy" doing the spending.  *****rollingeyes*****

And in the end, this right here is where the rubber meets the road.
Anyone believing there is any reduction going on need only look here.