Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh’s Kafkaesque Nightmare By Rich Lowry  (Read 207 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brett Kavanaugh’s Kafkaesque Nightmare By Rich Lowry
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:21:15 pm »
   Brett Kavanaugh’s Kafkaesque Nightmare
By Rich Lowry

September 18, 2018 6:30 AM

His exemplary reputation should outweigh a charge that is unproven and, as far we know, unprovable.

If Franz Kafka had written about confirmation hearings, he couldn’t have come up with a better scenario than the one now unfolding in the U.S. Senate.

Brett Kavanaugh, who the day before yesterday was an unimpeachable pillar of the legal establishment, stands accused of a heinous offense that is almost impossible to definitively rebut.

Even if he is completely innocent of the charge that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl at a high school party 35 years ago, he will be forever considered guilty of it by some portion of the public. This is not due process, or any kind of decent process at all, but how the Senate conducts its business, especially if you are a conservative jurist on the cusp of confirmation to the Supreme Court.

A 51-year-old research psychologist named Christine Blasey Ford went public with the accusation in a Washington Post interview over the weekend, saying she feared for her life when the teenage Kavanaugh attacked her.

The charge was inevitably viewed through the prism of #MeToo. But it lacks the credibility of allegations that have felled powerful men over the past two years. There is no contemporaneous corroboration. There is no pattern of conduct on the part of Kavanaugh. There is no weaselly, “Well, I don’t remember it that way, but I’m sorry if she was offended” denial; Kavanaugh rejects the charge categorically. 

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-allegations-me-too-moment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34