Author Topic: Coke eyes cannabis-infused drink market  (Read 781 times)

Offline Suppressed

Coke eyes cannabis-infused drink market
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:15:15 pm »
Coke eyes cannabis-infused drink market
Uday Sampath Kumar, John Benny, Martinne Geller
SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 / 7:29 AM / UPDATED 2 HOURS AGO

(Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co (KO.N) is closely watching the fast-growing marijuana drinks market for a possible entry that would expand the world’s largest soft drink maker’s ambitions further away from sugary sodas.

Coca-Cola announced its interest in a statement on Monday, responding to a report from BNN Bloomberg that said it was in talks with Canada’s Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO) to develop drinks infused with cannabidiol (CBD), the non-psychoactive chemical found in marijuana.

Coke would join a rush by major alcohol makers and a cigarette company to test the cannabis market and find partners ahead of the Oct. 17 launch of legal recreational marijuana in Canada.

Coke and Aurora, in separate statements, each said they were interested in cannabidiol-infused beverages but would not comment on any specifics or talks. Aurora’s stock soared 17 percent, while Coke’s edged up slightly.

[...]

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-coca-cola-jointventure-aurora-cannabi/coke-eyeing-cannabis-infused-drink-market-idUSKCN1LX17K
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coke eyes cannabis-infused drink market
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:02:35 pm »
Why?  CBD provides no buzz nor benefit at all.  Is this just a novelty item, like Billy Beer?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:04:52 pm »
From the company that got it's name from the white dust it put in it.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:08:23 pm »
They could call it "New Coke" 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »
They could call it "New Coke"

New Dope?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »
Why?  CBD provides no buzz nor benefit at all.  Is this just a novelty item, like Billy Beer?

Maybe they'll market it like the modern day Absinthe, which does not have the same zapp that the 19th century artsy crowd got back in the day.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:20:47 pm »
Coca Cola began as a kind of cocaine wine of sorts. And Coca Cola addiction was very real thing. Not like the people who claim to be addicted to Coke. It was a real drug addiction. Hardly a new thing for Coca Cola, adding THC would be them just returning to their roots.

https://teens.drugabuse.gov/blog/post/coca-colas-scandalous-past
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 07:40:41 pm »
Coca Cola began as a kind of cocaine wine of sorts. And Coca Cola addiction was very real thing. Not like the people who claim to be addicted to Coke. It was a real drug addiction. Hardly a new thing for Coca Cola, adding THC would be them just returning to their roots.

https://teens.drugabuse.gov/blog/post/coca-colas-scandalous-past

There won't be any THC in it.  That's why I ask, "Why?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 07:46:21 pm »
What a strange title
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 07:47:54 pm »
There won't be any THC in it.  That's why I ask, "Why?"

Because it will be hip to be seen drinking it.

Being hip was never one of my goals.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:36 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

At the risk of nanny-staters catching on...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4604171/

Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
Esther M. Blessing, Maria M. Steenkamp, [...], and Charles R. Marmar

Abstract
Cannabidiol (CBD), a Cannabis sativa constituent, is a pharmacologically broad-spectrum drug that in recent years has drawn increasing interest as a treatment for a range of neuropsychiatric disorders. The purpose of the current review is to determine CBD’s potential as a treatment for anxiety-related disorders, by assessing evidence from preclinical, human experimental, clinical, and epidemiological studies. We found that existing preclinical evidence strongly supports CBD as a treatment for generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive–compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder when administered acutely; however, few studies have investigated chronic CBD dosing. Likewise, evidence from human studies supports an anxiolytic role of CBD, but is currently limited to acute dosing, also with few studies in clinical populations. Overall, current evidence indicates CBD has considerable potential as a treatment for multiple anxiety disorders, with need for further study of chronic and therapeutic effects in relevant clinical populations.

Conclusion:

"Preclinical evidence conclusively demonstrates CBD’s efficacy in reducing anxiety behaviors relevant to multiple disorders, including PTSD, GAD, PD, OCD, and SAD, with a notable lack of anxiogenic effects. CBD’s anxiolytic actions appear to depend upon CB1Rs and 5-HT1ARs in several brain regions; however, investigation of additional receptor actions may reveal further mechanisms. Human experimental findings support preclinical findings, and also suggest a lack of anxiogenic effects, minimal sedative effects, and an excellent safety profile. Current preclinical and human findings mostly involve acute CBD dosing in healthy subjects, so further studies are required to establish whether chronic dosing of CBD has similar effects in relevant clinical populations. Overall, this review emphasizes the potential value and need for further study of CBD in the treatment of anxiety disorders."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:03:56 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 08:32:19 pm »
New Dope?

They fired the dope who came up with new coke.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 08:56:01 pm »

To sell each can for $10 citing health benefit. :)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 09:38:09 pm »
Constellation Brands is hedging by taking a stake in Canopy Growth:  http://fortune.com/2017/10/30/constellation-brands-cannabis-canopy-growth/