Author Topic: Mazie Hirono says Democrats ready to keep Supreme Court seat vacant through 2020 if conditions are r  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate Democrats could stall a Supreme Court nominee President Trump potentially names as a replacement for Brett Kavanaugh until 2020 if they flip the chamber, according to Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii.

Hirono, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, told Politico Tuesday her caucus could try to detail Trump's attempts to appoint another justice to the court if they are deemed by Democrats in the Senate to be a conservative ideologue.

“I think we’ve had those kinds of vacancies before, and we certainly had over a one-year vacancy with Merrick Garland,” Hirono told the news outlet in a podcast aired Tuesday. “So, the world does not come to an end because we don’t fill all of the nominees.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mazie-hirono-says-democrats-ready-to-keep-supreme-court-seat-vacant-through-2020-if-conditions-are-right
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Thanks for showing your hand to everyone. You are not only the stupidest person in congress, but also a gift to the right.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RECESS APPOINTMENT.

That's all it takes.
Stroke of the pen, and ... done.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I suppose this may get censored, but James Woods' response to Hirono's statement is too good not to post in it's entirety.  And it's a screenshot, so I can't edit it:

Offline goatprairie

I suppose this may get censored, but James Woods' response to Hirono's statement is too good not to post in it's entirety.  And it's a screenshot, so I can't edit it:

My only quibble with Woods's statement to Hirono was that he was too nice to her.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Thanks for showing your hand to everyone. You are not only the stupidest person in congress, but also a gift to the right.

There is nothing worse than a really dumb woman with a little power; unless it's a really dumb Hawaiian woman with power.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

Its rare to see the f bomb used in such an eloquent manner.

Nicely done.

Online Fishrrman

Emjay wrote:
"There is nothing worse than a really dumb woman with a little power; unless it's a really dumb Hawaiian woman with power."

I've said this before and I'll repeat it:
No woman should ever be permitted to hold a position of political power of any amount.

And yes, I mean that.
Call me a misogynist, I couldn't care less.

Maggie Thatcher may be the exception that proves my rule.
This woman Hirono is the living example of that rule...!

Offline goatprairie

Emjay wrote:
"There is nothing worse than a really dumb woman with a little power; unless it's a really dumb Hawaiian woman with power."

No woman should ever be permitted to hold a position of political power of any amount.

And yes, I mean that.

"No woman should ever be permitted to hold a position of political power of any amount."

I would disagree. Although it's true most female pols tend to be ultra liberal.
Female pols are also currently wrecking Europe.
It's a mystery to me why female pols are so trusting of Muslim men who subjugate them and treat them like dogs while trying to destroy western males who've made many of them super wealthy.
The only job I would not trust a women with is handling money for a business concern, charitable organization, or youth athletic orgs. etc. 67% to 80% of all embezzlers are women. It is the only major crime where women exceed men.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:35:57 am by goatprairie »

Offline Frank Cannon

Its rare to see the f bomb used in such an eloquent manner.

Nicely done.

And that is why I have been lobbying to bring back dirty words on the forum instead of this stupid bleep shit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Emjay wrote:

And yes, I mean that.

No, @Fishrrman   You are absolutely right.  Look at the Supreme Court.  All the female justices are liberal and they are all dumb and clueless.

Look at Congress.  The worst Congress critters are women.  Even on the Republican side the women are horrible.

I can think of several exceptions.  I like Nikki Haley a lot.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And that is why I have been lobbying to bring back dirty words on the forum instead of this stupid bleep shit.

That would offend the delicate sensibilities of the self righteous woman folk and a few of the male snowflakes who post here.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is a masturbatory fantasy statement. Of course the Dems want to stall until 2020. That goes without saying.

The Dems want to stall President Trump, his staff, Congress, the entire government of America until 2020, in every single respect. That's part of what Mueller's job function is. To hinder, harass, impede, and generally stall Trump as much as possible. That's why they call him the 'insurance policy'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

That would offend the delicate sensibilities of the self righteous woman folk and a few of the male snowflakes who post here.
Yes, because why should we have a sense of decorum when we can get into the gutter  like the foul-mouthed louts on liberal forums?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I've never quite understood that phrase.  I mean, if the rule is contradicted by a specific example, then that exception disproves the rule.  Especially given the example of Maggie Thatcher.  She's wasn't just one decent female that could have been replaced just as well by some guy.  She saved Great Britain.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:39:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yes, because why should we have a sense of decorum when we can get into the gutter  like the foul-mouthed louts on liberal forums?
I have realized over a long personal history of a liberal use of profanity and sarcasm that very few (and almost never those that wish to use it), are capable of a call mplishing anything but childish vulgarity :shrug:

Online Fishrrman

Major Bill wrote:
"Especially given the example of Maggie Thatcher.  She's wasn't just one decent female that could have been replaced just as well by some guy.  She saved Great Britain."

Sorry, sir.

Even though you are 100% correct about Lady Thatcher saving Britain (at least for a while longer, look what the current "woman leader" is doing for the place right now), she DOES "prove the rule".

She was an anomaly, an aberration of history.
A GOOD one -- but an aberration, nonetheless.

There will be no more like her in Europe.
At least not for a long, LONG time.

I stand by my assertion:
Women should be barred from holding any position of substantial political power as a matter of course.

If someone like Mrs. Thatcher comes along and is able to "break through" the rules by the force of her actions, I can accept that, too.

I would accept a lady of her calibre here as president.
OK, sir -- go and find one.

Offline bilo

This is a masturbatory fantasy statement. Of course the Dems want to stall until 2020. That goes without saying.

The Dems want to stall President Trump, his staff, Congress, the entire government of America until 2020, in every single respect. That's part of what Mueller's job function is. To hinder, harass, impede, and generally stall Trump as much as possible. That's why they call him the 'insurance policy'.

You're right, but shouldn't we expect it? After obamacare was forced through without a single Pub vote wasn't that our aim, to stop obama. When Scalia died and Garland was nominated McConnell stalled for a year with the hope a Pub would win and nominate someone else. My point is instead of trying to "take the high road" the Pubs should exercise power when they have it.

If the Pubs can hold the House and gain seats in the Senate they should demand some party discipline and push through legislation to save the republic. Instead of playing the PC game.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Fishrrman

Here's another example:
Sen. Gillbrand: Asking Kavanaugh’s Accuser to Testify ‘Is Silencing Her’
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/sen-gillbrand-asking-kavanaughs-accuser-testify-silencing-her

I rest my case!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Here's another example:
Sen. Gillbrand: Asking Kavanaugh’s Accuser to Testify ‘Is Silencing Her’
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/sen-gillbrand-asking-kavanaughs-accuser-testify-silencing-her

I rest my case!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.