Author Topic: SpaceX will fly Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa as the first ever private tourist to the moon  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Suppressed

SpaceX will fly Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa as the first ever private tourist to the moon
  • Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa put down a significant deposit with SpaceX to become the first ever private tourist to fly around the moon on the company's Big Falcon Rocket (BFR)
  • Maezawa wants to take six to eight artists from around the world on the nearly week-long trip.
  • The mission is expected to launch in 2023.
Michael Sheetz   | @thesheetztweetz
Published 15 Hours Ago  Updated 2 Hours Ago

Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa signed with SpaceX to fly around the moon on the company's next generation rocket, CEO Elon Musk announced on Monday.

Maezawa will attempt to be the first to return to the moon in nearly half a century, launching aboard a Big Falcon Rocket (BFR), which SpaceX is developing. BFR is the flagship for Musk's vision of creating a permanent, self-sustaining human presence on Mars, and testing on the behemoth rocket is expected to begin next year.

[...]

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/spacex-japan-billionaire-yusaku-maezawa-first-tourist-to-fly-to-moon.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kidd

I don't think a BFR (snort!) has even orbited the Earth yet.
But in 6 years it'll orbit the moon?

Sounds like a one-way trip.

Offline Joe Wooten

Yep, SpaceX has not even test launched one yet.....

Offline Joe Wooten

One thing puzzles me, and makes me think this will be a vaporware stunt, is that he could do the same next year with a Falcon Heavy and a dragon capsule.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Sounds like a one-way trip.

For the guy's money, at least.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

This cash injection should keep Elon's Ponzi going for at least another month.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yep, SpaceX has not even test launched one yet.....

As whacked as Musk had gotten, and the sideshow Tesla has become?

I wouldn't ride that sucker for $1M.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You have to give Musk credit, the guy thinks big. If he pulls this off, that's pretty cool.

And no I'd never ever buy a Tesla.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

And no I'd never ever buy a Tesla.

Why?  I understand your local dealer can set you up with some pretty hot deals.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.