Author Topic: Noemie Emery: Democrats' sleazy attack on Kavanaugh comes from an old playbook  (Read 640 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Noemie Emery: Democrats' sleazy attack on Kavanaugh comes from an old playbook
by Noemie Emery
 | September 18, 2018 12:00 AM

The Democrats had a problem. A young conservative judge seems headed for confirmation to the Supreme Court, and nothing they did was working.

Not the screaming women who had be to evicted periodically from the hearings while shouting obscenities; not the thousands of people who called Susan Collins, told her to f--k herself, and said that they hoped that someone would rape her and her assistants; not the complaints of Gloria Steinem, who tied global warming to a dearth of abortions; not the assurance of the famed Biblical scholar Chelsea Clinton that Christianity was really about supporting abortion.

And don’t even think about all those red herrings, such as the baby and manger and creche. The time had come to break glass and break out the ultimate weapon, the one that had (almost) worked last time — the unproveable claim of abuse that had never been mentioned to anyone at the time it was said to have happened. (Such claims cannot be compared to those of women who did indeed tell others about the abuse they had suffered contemporaneously, such as Paula Jones and Juanita Broaddrick.)

This new Kavanaugh accusations was of course perfectly timed to have maximum impact. What’s not to like from the point of view of the accuser? If it works, you get to change history; if it doesn’t work, you live out your life as a martyr and heroine, revered as a goddess by silly young women, guaranteed a lifetime market for your appearances, speeches, and books.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/noemie-emery-democrats-sleazy-attack-on-kavanaugh-comes-from-an-old-playbook
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As I have been telling you all for a long time now!  The do it because it generally works for them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As I have been telling you all for a long time now!  The do it because it generally works for them!

And, apparently, the Republicans were just sitting there knowing it would happen and waiting for it to happen with no response or reaction prepared.   :shrug:

Offline jpsb

And, apparently, the Republicans were just sitting there knowing it would happen and waiting for it to happen with no response or reaction prepared.   :shrug:

Which is why the Rs will get killed in the mid-terms. The Rs give R voters absolutely no reason to
vote for them.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Which is why the Rs will get killed in the mid-terms. The Rs give R voters absolutely no reason to
vote for them.

Either the GOP is stupid on the level of actually being 'retarded', in a clinical sense. Or, they themselves want to torpedo Kavanaugh and to lose the midterms. With Republicans you never know where their true allegiance lies. It is a real possibility that they 'want' to lose the midterms just to get everything back to normal.

With the Dems back in charge they can all slither back to the shadows and take it easy. Anything that happens they will yell, 'Hey, it's not us. It's the Democrats who did that!'

I don't know what is going on. But only a stupid idiot would take seriously a 36 year old allegation about a 17 year old boy, from a woman who herself admits that she can't remember exactly what happened.

It is beyond absurd.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Either the GOP is stupid on the level of actually being 'retarded', in a clinical sense. Or, they themselves want to torpedo Kavanaugh and to lose the midterms. With Republicans you never know where their true allegiance lies. It is a real possibility that they 'want' to lose the midterms just to get everything back to normal.

With the Dems back in charge they can all slither back to the shadows and take it easy. Anything that happens they will yell, 'Hey, it's not us. It's the Democrats who did that!'

I don't know what is going on. But only a stupid idiot would take seriously a 36 year old allegation about a 17 year old boy, from a woman who herself admits that she can't remember exactly what happened.

It is beyond absurd.

They are not stupid it's just that they know if they actually stood up to this sh*t that their invitations to the next big Washington ball would get "lost in the mail" and that just wouldn't do!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They are not stupid it's just that they know if they actually stood up to this sh*t that their invitations to the next big Washington ball would get "lost in the mail" and that just wouldn't do!

Where will their invitations go when they are not reelected? Whether they recognize it or not, they are gambling with their careers with this nonsense.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Where will their invitations go when they are not reelected? Whether they recognize it or not, they are gambling with their careers with this nonsense.

The PROBLEM is that they don't go anywhere if that happens! They just move over a few streets to K. Street and their invitations follow them! Or they become a party to generating them in the first place!

- J. R. R. Tolkien