Author Topic: Kavanaugh accuser’s friend: She told me about incident in 2017  (Read 924 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kavanaugh accuser’s friend: She told me about incident in 2017
By Emily Birnbaum - 09/18/18 08:41 AM EDT

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, says Ford told her about the alleged incident last year.

Rebecca White, identified by local outlet The Mercury News as a friend and neighbor of Ford's, told the outlet that Ford spoke to her about an incident with a "federal judge" who "might be a contender for a Supreme Court position one day."

White said Ford reached out to her after she posted her own personal story about sexual assault under the hashtag #MeToo on her Facebook page in 2017.

"[Ford] reached out to me afterward, supporting me and my story and that she had something happen to her when she was really young and that the guy was a federal judge,” White told The Mercury News. “She said she had been assaulted. She said hers had been violent as well, physically scary, fighting for her life."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407151-kavanaugh-accusers-friend-she-told-me-about-incident-in-2017
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Kavanaugh accuser’s friend: She told me about incident in 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:31:08 pm »
....sure *****rollingeyes*****
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:55:42 pm »
....about the time Trump was getting the R nomination?  Good planning.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:57:23 pm »
Still not proof that anything really happened. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 02:09:22 pm »
She and her husband, Russell Ford, an engineer, and their two teenage sons are all surfers. The family spends a lot of time at a Santa Cruz beach house and own a one-story Eichler-style home in Palo Alto that Blasey Ford’s husband extensively remodeled himself, including raising the roof and adding square footage.

“Her husband is a quiet guy, warm but quiet,” said White, whose son has carpooled to school with the Fords. “She’s outgoing, liberal, kind, chitchats a lot, really supportive of her kids’ sports team, goes to everything, she and her husband. She’s really into her job as an educator.”

The family eats organically, she said, and drive hybrids that they plug into a charging station in their driveway — near the basketball hoop that’s in frequent use by the boys and their friends. They are “modest people,” White said.

Blasey Ford participated in a local Women’s March protesting Trump last year, she said. And a month later at the March for Science, she wore a pink-yarned “brain hat,” Gensheimer said.

I think I'm gonna hurl. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 02:10:51 pm »

2017, after Trump was president and Kavanaugh was already being discussed as a possible for Supreme Court.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »
2017, after Trump was president and Kavanaugh was already being discussed as a possible for Supreme Court.
Kavanaugh had been mentioned as early as 2012 as a potential Romney nomination. Coincidentally, the same year 1) the similar Herman Cain allegations really kicked off this pattern and 2) this woman first made the claims to the shrink.

There's very little reason to believe her and lots of evidence not to do so.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 02:19:59 pm »
Christine Ford is a sexual pervert and raped me when I was only 13 years old. I swear it is true. She raped me dammit. I want to testify! Where is the FBI on this!?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 02:20:57 pm »
Kavanaugh had been mentioned as early as 2012 as a potential Romney nomination. Coincidentally, the same year 1) the similar Herman Cain allegations really kicked off this pattern and 2) this woman first made the claims to the shrink.

There's very little reason to believe her and lots of evidence not to do so.

Tell it to Aunt Clara, the short timer and the red snapper. They're wholly credulous, and Chuck's 48th, 49th and 50th votes.

This ridiculous vaudville act is really getting tedious.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 02:52:25 pm »
Even Anita Hill had contemporary accounts.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 03:06:38 pm »
If this person wasn't there, in the room to witness what happened, or was a confidant of the accuser the day after in 1982....this is all worthless bullshit.

SOP for the press.  This person is so far removed from the event it is so ridiculous.  Just the ramblins of a California gossip Facebook addicted milf. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 03:07:55 pm »
2017, very late to the game and it's been in the news for a few years now, that one needs collaborating witnesses.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 03:22:11 pm »
2017, very late to the game and it's been in the news for a few years now, that one needs collaborating witnesses.

I think the word is "corroborating."  Ideally, the accuser should have someone present for the incident or at the very least, someone who was told shortly thereafter.  But  the incident allegedly occurred in 1983 and the accuser supposedly told this person in 2017.  Even if you buy the argument that the accuser suppressed her memory of the incident until it came out in therapy, that was still years later.  And as in most of these MeToo accusations, there is no police report, so no rape kit, so no DNA evidence.  It's all just her word.  And about now her word is worthless.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 03:27:11 pm »
Honestly....who gives a %&^$ about what happened in high school!  None of us were angels.....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 03:32:27 pm »
Even Anita Hill had contemporary accounts.

The lack of contemporary accounts should doom this charge.  (Of course, the seeking of truth is not what is important here.)   If this really happened,  she would have told one of her teenage buddies,  you'd think.   Somebody, anybody - after all, she says she was in fear for her life, and her alleged assailant wasn't a schoolmate.   

"Remembering" the incident decades later as part of couples therapy doesn't pass the smell test - except in the eyes of an agenda-driven media that cares not at all that the reputation of an honorable man is at stake.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 03:35:09 pm »

It's also about the time Trump introduced to the public his list of people he would choose from for SC appointments. Guess who's name was on that.