Author Topic: Trump administration announces it’s slashing refugee admissions to a record low  (Read 635 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Think Progress by Rebekah Entralgo 9/17/2018

The new cap would be the lowest since the program began in 1980.

The United States will admit will a maximum of 30,000 refugees in Fiscal Year 2019, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced at a press briefing late Monday afternoon.

During the briefing, Pompeo said refugee admittance should not be seen as the “sole barometer” to measure a country’s humanitarian efforts and that the 30,000 cap “must be considered in the context of the many other forms of protection and assistance offered by the United States.”

The new cap would be the lowest since the program began in 1980 and represents less than one-third of the average number of refugees admitted before President Donald Trump took office. When Trump entered the White House, the refugee cap was at 110,000. He lowered it to 50,000, and eventually to 45,000.

More:https://thinkprogress.org/trump-administration-slashing-refugee-admissions-fdb9852cd80a/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Good.  Count at least 5x more coming in under this program than the stated figure as chain migration takes place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Two thumbs up......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Good. But I bet the left is ramping up another legal challenge out in the 10th circus.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Slash to Zero. 

But it is nice to see some shrinkage.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Agreed, Ghost.

Cut ALL immigration to zero or very close to it.
No more coming in for say, 40-50 years, with very few exceptions.

We're "full up" now, overcrowded in places.
We don' need no mo'...