Author Topic: Senate Republicans Stick with Thursday Kavanaugh Committee Vote  (Read 1640 times)

Offline bilo

Senate Republicans Stick with Thursday Kavanaugh Committee Vote
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:31:43 pm »
The Senate Judiciary Committee will proceed to a planned vote on Supreme Court Nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh Thursday, sources tell Breitbart News Monday.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) is, according to these sources, refusing to yield to pressure over allegations of a high school attack revealed by Democrats over the weekend. Since July, Ranking Member Diane Feinstein (D-CA) had possession of a letter from California professor Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, claiming that Kavanaugh and another teenager had forced her into a room at a 1982 party where Kavanaugh forced himself on her before she escaped.

Feinstein declined to introduce the letter at any point before or during the four-day public hearings on Kavanaugh’s nomination, but went public after media reports of the letter began to surface.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/17/senate-republicans-stick-with-thursday-kavanaugh-committee-vote/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: Senate Republicans Stick with Thursday Kavanaugh Committee Vote
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 09:34:09 pm »
Two sources close to the confirmation process, however, told Breitbart News that Republicans will not yield to that pressure. One claimed the Thursday vote would occur “no matter what.” The other confirmed that Chairman Grassley remains “completely committed” to the originally scheduled Thursday vote.

Both sources also indicated Judge Kavanaugh will speak on a conference call with the Senate Judiciary Committee Monday night, where he will directly address Ford’s accusations. He has already twice categorically denied he attacked Ford and reports indicate he told Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) Monday that he was not at the party in question

Hey, maybe the Pubs got a backbone!

This whole thing has stunk from the beginning.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 09:34:55 pm »
Good. This lying duplicitous Leftist whore needs to be fully ignored or destroyed.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »
Good boy!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 09:44:13 pm »
Good. This lying duplicitous Leftist whore needs to be fully ignored or destroyed.

I think they are trying to finesse this by saying the accuser must have him confused with someone else because Kavanaugh and his friend were never at the party in question. It's probably a better approach than I would take since we live in a world where you can't attack a lying leftist woman directly.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 10:12:32 pm »
They better.

All of this will go ahead and take place as it was.

The Dems are simply laying the foundation of what will happen when Ginsburg croaks.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 10:22:49 pm »
Trumpbart rarely gets anything right.  I'll check back Thursday. 

I think Kavanaugh will make a fine SCOTUS judge, and I am skeptical of the last minute allegations, but I think it would be politically smart to delay the vote for a few days...if only to pretend to consider the allegations, and defuse some of the rat butthurt over Garland.  However, if Grassley and McConnell are confident in the votes of Flake, Corker, and Collins then proceed and let the chips fall. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 10:25:04 pm »
Wreck em.  Full speed ahead.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 10:27:53 pm »

I think Kavanaugh will make a fine SCOTUS judge, and I am skeptical of the last minute allegations, but I think it would be politically smart to delay the vote for a few days...if only to pretend to consider the allegations, and defuse some of the rat butthurt over Garland.  However, if Grassley and McConnell are confident in the votes of Flake, Corker, and Collins then proceed and let the chips fall.

Don't bother there won't be a vote...Just announced that there will be a public hearing one week from today..that gives them a week to find more women abused by Kavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 10:42:35 pm »

@Once-Ler

Don't know about Flake,Coker is a whore for hire,and Collins is batshit crazy,with a side order of senile.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 10:45:53 pm »
Don't bother there won't be a vote...Just announced that there will be a public hearing one week from today..that gives them a week to find more women abused by Kavanaugh
Thanx @mystery-ak

Trumpbart strikes out again.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 11:03:42 pm »

Oh, no.  So disappointed they caved on this.  I was beginning to think they might have a backbone.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 12:09:27 am »
I think they are trying to finesse this by saying the accuser must have him confused with someone else because Kavanaugh and his friend were never at the party in question. It's probably a better approach than I would take since we live in a world where you can't attack a lying leftist woman directly.

It's actually the best way, as her memory is so clouded on the details that the proper response is 'are you even sure it was me, because I sure don't remember?'
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 01:33:13 am »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"Good. This lying duplicitous Leftist whore needs to be fully ignored or destroyed."

I, too, hope the Grassley and the rest don't cave.

Prediction:
If the Republicans stand firm, and Kavanaugh is confirmed by the Senate, this woman and her "charges" will disappear, never to be heard from again...

Addendum:
Well, how do ya do?
I should have know better!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:35:01 am by Fishrrman »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 01:36:25 am »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"Good. This lying duplicitous Leftist whore needs to be fully ignored or destroyed."

I, too, hope the Grassley and the rest don't cave.

Prediction:
If the Republicans stand firm, and Kavanaugh is confirmed by the Senate, this woman and her "charges" will disappear, never to be heard from again...

Probably so. But if it was me, I wouldn't stop until she, her lawyer, and Di Fi were broke in every possible way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 01:42:59 am »
Probably so. But if it was me, I wouldn't stop until she, her lawyer, and Di Fi were broke in every possible way.

I guess we'll find out, since Grassley caved and scheduled a hearing for next Monday, and that means another week delay, successfully delaying the confirmation beyond the start of the SCOTUS session, Oct 1.

I think she'll be ripped to shreds, but DiFi doesn't care, she got the delay she and Schumer have worked so hard for.  Pubbies lose again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 01:44:57 am »
I guess we'll find out, since Grassley caved and scheduled a hearing for next Monday, and that means another week delay, successfully delaying the confirmation beyond the start of the SCOTUS session, Oct 1.

I think she'll be ripped to shreds, but DiFi doesn't care, she got the delay she and Schumer have worked so hard for.  Pubbies lose again.

Yep.  None of them give one sh*t what any of us think about them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 01:47:41 am »

He caved because the usual suspects, Flake, Collins and Murk announced if he didn't schedule a new hearing, they were "No" votes.  Lame-Duck Flake is on the committee, so a vote Thursday would have failed.  Thanks a bunch, Traitor.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 01:48:53 am »

Of course they lose again.

They have no testicular fortitude, because they are spineless like a jellyfish and smooth like a ken doll.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 01:50:59 am »
He caved because the usual suspects, Flake, Collins and Murk announced if he didn't schedule a new hearing, they were "No" votes.  Lame-Duck Flake is on the committee, so a vote Thursday would have failed.  Thanks a bunch, Traitor.

Yep. Important point there. Grassley didn't cave. That job was already done for him, and he was thrown into the vise with no leverage.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 01:52:16 am »
Of course they lose again.

They have no testicular fortitude, because they are spineless like a jellyfish and smooth like a ken doll.

Where did you find that picture of Traitor Flake? 
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 01:54:30 am »
You're right.  Where you gonna go?  To the tribe you were hoping your tribe would fight?  That's crazy talk. 

I'm kidding.  I actually think somebody took the time to ask Kavanaugh what he wanted and he said "Bring it."  I'll be surprised if that isn't leaked in anger eventually. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 01:58:38 am »
Where did you find that picture of Traitor Flake?

That's the new GOP mascot.

Ball-less and just hollow plastic.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 02:29:56 am »

Pubbies lose again.

@Cyber Liberty

Is it really losing when you just roll over and surrender without even fighting?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!