Author Topic: Collins: If Kavanaugh lied that would be disqualifying  (Read 382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Collins: If Kavanaugh lied that would be disqualifying
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:20:09 pm »
Collins: If Kavanaugh lied that would be disqualifying
By Jordain Carney - 09/17/18 04:59 PM EDT

GOP Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) said on Monday that if Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh lied about a sexual assault allegation that would be “disqualifying.”

“Obviously if Judge Kavanaugh has lied about what has happened that would be disqualifying,” Collins told reporters.

Kavanaugh has denied wrongdoing after Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser, went public with her allegation that Kavanaugh held her down and forced himself on her at a party in the early 1980s when both were teenagers.

“On Friday, Judge Kavanaugh ‘categorically and unequivocally’ denied this allegation. This has not changed. Judge Kavanaugh and the White House both stand by that statement,” White House Spokesperson Kerri Kupec said on Monday.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/407095-collins-if-kavanaugh-lied-that-would-be-disqualifying
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Collins: If Kavanaugh lied that would be disqualifying
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:25:26 pm »
And if Liz Warren lied (which she most assuredly did), why would that not be disqualifying to hold a position in the Senate, Susan?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:38:25 pm »
“Obviously if Judge Kavanaugh has lied about what has happened that would be disqualifying,” Collins told reporters.

She is a coward.

She should have said the Rats could have brought this up from July on and they waited until now. The Rats should be ashamed of themselves, but then again those with no morals know no shame.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 04:54:07 pm »
And if Liz Warren lied (which she most assuredly did), why would that not be disqualifying to hold a position in the Senate, Susan?

I am appalled but not exactly surprised at the utter stupidity of Susan Collins.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 04:56:05 pm »
How does this dingaling senator propose to prove whether he lied or not? What an utterly vapid thing to say.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 05:13:50 pm »
How does this dingaling senator propose to prove whether he lied or not? What an utterly vapid thing to say.

Well...though I agree that Collins is generally vapid, this particular statement isn't a problem precisely because of your point -- if it cannot be proven that Kavanaugh lied, it cannot be disqualifying.

She basically said that unless some independent verification of Ford's story comes through, she's voting for Kavanaugh.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 08:14:55 pm »
Remember when it was Olympia Snowe discharging this type of nonsense?

What is wrong with the female GOP Senators from Maine?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington