Author Topic: Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer: It’s Not Her Job To Corroborate Her Story  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Very convenient, isn't it?

You really read her story, and what she did is put a perfect moat of selective memory that won't allow for her claims to be verified. She remembers the attack to the detail, but not even how many others were in the room. And now, there apparently was a girl around, maybe...

So therefore, Kavanaugh can't defend himself against something where there are no details. It works out all too conveniently.

I think Kavanaugh has responded perfectly, saying he remembers nothing even close to that. Implying that maybe her bad memory also has the wrong guy, but hey lets hash it out in a hearing sugar pea and see what you got.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think Kavanaugh has responded perfectly, saying he remembers nothing even close to that. Implying that maybe her bad memory also has the wrong guy, but hey lets hash it out in a hearing sugar pea and see what you got.

That's the upside to a hearing.  The downside is the SCOTUS session starts October 1st, and it will only have eight Justices.  Hopefully they wont hear any cases out of the 9th Circus in the period between then and when Kavanaugh is eventually sworn in, because their terrible decisions will be affirmed 4-4.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's the upside to a hearing.  The downside is the SCOTUS session starts October 1st, and it will only have eight Justices.  Hopefully they wont hear any cases out of the 9th Circus in the period between then and when Kavanaugh is eventually sworn in, because their terrible decisions will be affirmed 4-4.

McConnell would be timely if he basically said, 'Confirmation by the committee on the 27th, floor vote before the 1st.' and ram it down their throats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1 This post is without a doubt one of the cleverest I have ever read on this board. Made even funnier because it's true in most cases. I laughed out loud.

Hello @berdie  - Always nice to see you. And thanks for the kind reply... And yes, the guy who caught fire while humping a sheep is a very funny story... Things like that cannot be forgotten. But on the whole... Yes, my past is beyond my reach for the most part...

:seeya:

Offline RetBobbyMI

McConnell would be timely if he basically said, 'Confirmation by the committee on the 27th, floor vote before the 1st.' and ram it down their throats.
Why wait that long on either vote?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why wait that long on either vote?

Senate rules require giving the minority the opportunity to force a week's wait after hearings.  the rules also require giving a week's notice before a hearing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RetBobbyMI

Senate rules require giving the minority the opportunity to force a week's wait after hearings.  the rules also require giving a week's notice before a hearing.
They had their delay already. No need for an additional hearing when THEY sat on the farce accusation for 2 MONTHS. And now decline to even participate in a hearing. Cancel it and vote.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I would have guessed she had lots rug burns on her tuschy.  Most of your bleep hat wearing crowd today took a lot of pipe...... willingly.

@The Ghost

Looks like you could be right about that!

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/2018/09/why-christine-blasey-fords-high-school_19.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

Looks like you could be right about that!

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/2018/09/why-christine-blasey-fords-high-school_19.html

Imagine that.  The reports that she was a teenage alcoholic and promiscuous cum guzzler were most probably true.   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:16:35 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.