Author Topic: Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer: It’s Not Her Job To Corroborate Her Story  (Read 2358 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer: It’s Not Her Job To Corroborate Her Story
2:12 PM 09/17/2018
Amber Athey | Media and Breaking News Editor

Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims.

Katz said on CNN on Monday that investigators should be responsible for proving Christine Blasey Ford’s claim that Kavanaugh held her down and drunkenly groped her while at a party in high school.

During the interview, Katz revealed that there was another girl present at the party, which allegedly took place in 1982 while Kavanaugh was attending Georgetown Prep. Ford previously told the Washington Post that there were four boys at the party but never indicated if there were other girls beside herself.

“While we have you, perhaps you can help us fill in the blanks on some of her story. She says that she was at a party in probably 1982 in Montgomery County, Maryland. She says that there were four guys there, these are high school students, as was she. There were four guys there. Were there any girls there that day?” anchor Alisyn Camerota asked.

“Yes, there was another girl at this party, yes,” Katz said.

Camerota asked if Ford has tried to talk to any of the other partygoers to see if they will corroborate her story, but Katz declined to place the burden of proof on her client.

“That’s not her job to do that. If this is going to be investigated, it should be done by investigators,” Katz asserted.

video
http://dailycaller.com/2018/09/17/kavanaugh-accuser-laywer-corroborate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

There ought to be severe consequences against those who make false allegations. This crap will continue until them.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The problem is that it is difficult to prove things are false. If he proves he wasn't at the party, she can just change the date of the party.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline RetBobbyMI

The problem, since the statute of limitations has run out long ago, is that Congress is not nor never has been a court of law. No one needs to prove anything, only ruin people’s reputations through unfounded accusations. They all do it. So just move on. Let votes speak for themselves.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The burden of proof always rests with the accuser.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Not according to her stupid lawyer. She said it’s the Investigators responsibility.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not according to her stupid lawyer. She said it’s the Investigators responsibility.

She's the accuser, it's up to her to provide the facts just like a DA would...[they speak for the accuser in the courts]
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And how exactly do you investigate when the key witness has no corroborating details and can't even remember the year, or who was even in the room?
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

And how exactly do you investigate when the key witness has no corroborating details and can't even remember the year, or who was even in the room?
The FBI already told Fienstupid there’s nothing to investigate. So then they run to the WaPo to further their BS story. Unless they have evidence STFU already. Move to a vote and be done with BS behavior. If Grassley gives them a voice, it will drag on to Christmas. I’m surprised Booker’s hookers haven’t me too’d.

Offline Frank Cannon

This lying Commie pigs life needs to be destroyed. I hope every jackass with hacking abilities are riffling through her digital footprint as we speak.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have heard from a reliable source that Christine Ford is a well known rapist and sexual deviant. She has had unprotected sex with dozens of underage boys and girls from the 1980s to 2000.

According to her own lawyer, I do not need to corroborate these allegations. It is up to her to prove that I am wrong. I am turning this matter over to the FBI for investigation.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:25:06 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The proper way to respond to this woman is to IGNORE her.

She is making accusations from almost 40 years ago, with no way to corroborate them, and with no way for the target (Kavanaugh) to defend himself other than to deny them.

It's like trying to throw a wrench into the gears at this late stage of the game.
However, "the wrench" is really the fecklessness of the Republican Senators.
It will be of no effect IF they stand up straight, and hold their intestinal fortitude to follow my advice above:
IGNORE her.
Ignore whatever the media prints or says about her.
And go forward as if her complaints were never made or heard.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:48:05 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer: It’s Not Her Job To Corroborate Her Story
2:12 PM 09/17/2018
Amber Athey | Media and Breaking News Editor

Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims.

@mystery-ak

She graduated from law skool in California,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

Who cares? If you told me you remember what a drunken sot I was at Larry's party back in 1982... You know, the gray house back in the cul-de-sac...

I might be inclined to believe you, but I quite honestly cannot recall anything that far removed, unless something abnormally eventful happened... Like someone caught fire, or humped a sheep, or caught fire while humping a sheep...

But anything so mundane as a roll in the hay with some cowgirl at some party sometime somewhere... Sorry... Lost in the mists of time.

Over the Roy Moore thing... I honestly tried to remember all the girls I had been with (not sex necessarily, rather 'dated') and I can recall a handful, but a complete list? Impossible.

A gal could walk up to me and with a nudge and a *wink, wink*, remind me of the great time we had for two nights up at the Eureka Rondy, describing perfectly the patches on my leathers, the inside decor of my doghouse (camper in the back of the truck, sorta), and I can quite honestly say I can't remember a dang thing about the occasion (this really happened). And not that I was necessarily too blasted to recall (which may in fact be true in part)... Just that it is looong, long ago, and too far away.  :shrug:

How can I defend myself against some accusation way back then?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Who cares? If you told me you remember what a drunken sot I was at Larry's party back in 1982... You know, the gray house back in the cul-de-sac...

I might be inclined to believe you, but I quite honestly cannot recall anything that far removed, unless something abnormally eventful happened... Like someone caught fire, or humped a sheep, or caught fire while humping a sheep...

But anything so mundane as a roll in the hay with some cowgirl at some party sometime somewhere... Sorry... Lost in the mists of time.

Over the Roy Moore thing... I honestly tried to remember all the girls I had been with (not sex necessarily, rather 'dated') and I can recall a handful, but a complete list? Impossible.

A gal could walk up to me and with a nudge and a *wink, wink*, remind me of the great time we had for two nights up at the Eureka Rondy, describing perfectly the patches on my leathers, the inside decor of my doghouse (camper in the back of the truck, sorta), and I can quite honestly say I can't remember a dang thing about the occasion (this really happened). And not that I was necessarily too blasted to recall (which may in fact be true in part)... Just that it is looong, long ago, and too far away.  :shrug:

Very true, but I was thinking from her perspective that she remembers the attack so very clearily, but suddenly forgets all the details that would cooborate it. It's like she's got a perfectly constructed moat of vagueness around the story so no one can pick it apart.

But that's the crux - if she can't remember anything, how did she know it was even Kavanaugh? Like you said, it's been nearly 40 years.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:05:57 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

Very true, but I was thinking from her perspective that she remembers the attack so very clearily, but suddenly forgets all the details that would cooborate it. It's like she's got a perfectly constructed moat of vagueness around the story so no one can pick it apart.

But that's the crux - if she can't remember anything, how did she know it was even Kavanaugh? Like you said, it's been nearly 40 years.

Giving her the benefit of the doubt (which is already stretching things), something may well have happened. But what's to say that her own recollections might be misconstrued? This entire thing, like with Moore, is nothing but a bloody waste of time, and goes only to destroy the honor of a man who, for all intensive porpoises, has lead a productive and honorable life.

Character assassination at its finest (or rather, worst)

Offline skeeter

Her lawyer is just telling the truth. Her client is supposed to make her 35 yr old charge, derail the nomination and permanently damage the nominees reputation, then receive high fives from her nutter Palo Alto friends. She wasn’t supposed to actually risk anything.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:25:48 am by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's probably why DiFi is stonewalling Grassley's trying to contact the accuser to get her in for the hearing she says she really wants to have.  Her story will fall apart in a million pieces in front of that committee.

I'll bet she cries.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:26:14 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Absolutely!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm betting she was a crew slut in waiting.   I want to know how many boys she blew at the cyo. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Right, Katz. It's not the accuser's job to remember when it was, where it was, who was there, or anything else./s
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm betting she was a crew slut in waiting.   I want to know how many boys she blew at the cyo.

There apparently is a lot going around about her....Normally, I would assume all such rumors are false.  However, apparently guys who went to school with her and were in her class are identifying themselves by name and saying...well, she definitely wasn't a lesbian.

Many, many times.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There apparently is a lot going around about her....Normally, I would assume all such rumors are false.  However, apparently guys who went to school with her and were in her class are identifying themselves by name and saying...well, she definitely wasn't a lesbian.

Many, many times.

I would have guessed she had lots rug burns on her tuschy.  Most of your bleep hat wearing crowd today took a lot of pipe...... willingly.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

@roamer_1 This post is without a doubt one of the cleverest I have ever read on this board. Made even funnier because it's true in most cases. I laughed out loud.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Very convenient, isn't it?