Author Topic: Lisa Page told Congress FBI had no proof of collusion when Mueller was appointed  (Read 314 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/lisa_page_told_congress_fbi_had_no_proof_of_collusion_when_mueller_appointed.html

by Rick Moran

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page told Congress earlier this summer that at the time Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel, the FBI had no proof of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

This was more than nine months after the FBI had opened an investigation into possible cooperation between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

Page was testifying before the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees in mid-July as part of a joint congressional investigation into the Clinton email scandal.  The transcript of Page's deposition has just been released.

Fox News:

Page was responding to Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe of Texas, who wanted more information about a May 2017 text where Page, and her then colleague and lover FBI agent Peter Strzok discussed the merits of joining Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team.

Page sat for the transcribed interview before the House Judiciary and Oversight committees in mid-July as part of a joint congressional investigation into the Justice Department's handling of the Russia and Clinton email probes.

According to the transcript, Page stopped mid-answer.  "...sorry.  Can I consult with counsel?  I'm sorry.  I need to consult with FBI counsel for a moment."

Sections of the transcript reviewed by Fox show Ratcliffe pursued the line of questioning at least three more times, and Page provided varying answers.

"I cannot provide the specifics of a confidential interview," Ratcliffe told Fox News when asked for comment.  "But I can say that Lisa Page left me with the impression, based on her own words, that the lead investigator of the Russian collusion case, Peter Strzok, had found no evidence of collusion after nearly a year."

Page was Strzok's mistress, and the two had exchanged dozens of emails that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt their loathing of Donald Trump.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline SirLinksALot

To make a long story short: THIS IS AN INVESTIGATION IN SEARCH OF A CRIME.

Tax Payers are paying for this which is now approaching $30 Million.