Author Topic: Senior Met Police officer could face the sack for using 'racist' 'whiter than white' phrase  (Read 640 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A senior Scotland Yard officer could face the sack for alleged racist language after using the phrase “whiter than white” in a briefing to colleagues.

He could face an internal investigation for gross misconduct — the most serious disciplinary offence.
Sources said the detective superintendent addressed colleagues about the need to be faultless and above reproach in carrying out inquiries, saying that they needed to be “whiter than white”.

The Met later received a complaint about his comment and passed it to the police watchdog for
investigation.

The officer has now been placed on restricted duties while the Independent Office for Police Conduct investigates. He has been told the inquiry may take up to 12 months to complete.

A highly respected officer, he strenuously denies any wrongdoing and is co-operating fully with the investigation. He is attached to the Met’s anti-corruption squad, the Directorate of Professional Standards,
a policing branch portrayed in the BBC drama Line Of Duty.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/senior-met-officer-could-face-the-sack-for-using-whiter-than-white-phrase-a3936041.html

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

The effort to root out white racism is long past the slapstick stage. I'm sure those whose lives are being ruined aren't laughing, though.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is asinine, the U.K. has a product, Persil laundry soap that for it's hundred years anniversary ad in 2009 used the phrase "still whiter than white" and they weren't attacked for it, also they have a product another product, Fairy washing powder that uses "Whiter Than White' in ads so I would assume that it was a common use phrase. :shrug:

Online mountaineer

It's a dark day ...

Oops. Strike that. Mea culpa.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It's a dark day ...

Oops. Strike that. Mea culpa.

Darker than dark.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.