Author Topic: Let’s Hope Justice Kavanaugh Avenges This Disgusting Democrat Slander  (Read 383 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let’s Hope Justice Kavanaugh Avenges This Disgusting Democrat Slander
Townhall, Sep 17, 2018, Kurt Schlichter

[...]

Victim status, whether based upon truth or lies – because people do lie, and all the time – does not give you any special privileges or special rights. Instead, it gives you duties and obligations, whether that is cosmically fair or not. See, if you propose to inflict damage upon someone, even if justifiable, you bear the burden of proof. You have to prove it; the accused doesn’t have to disprove your amorphous innuendos. You have the duty to back up your claims, in public, and subject yourself to the greatest engine for the ascertainment of truth humanity has yet invented, cross-examination by a zealous advocate for the accused who is doing his best to show that you can’t be trusted.

Take the stand and the heat, or shut up.   [...]

Is she hiding from examination because she’s afraid that people will challenge her claims and maybe find exculpatory evidence? This mystery woman appears to admit to mental health issues, which allegedly stem from this ambiguous, third of a century-old alleged encounter, but who knows? We don’t know, but if you really wanted to know the truth, wouldn’t you want to?

Her claims must be challenged if we intend to keep pretending we are seeking justice. Let's be clear. It is a good thing, a necessary thing, a critical thing, to allow a tough advocate for the accused to forcefully challenge anyone making a devastating accusation against someone else by forcing them to prove their claim. No one has the right to expect people to go easy on them when they are saying something that can have such a dramatic effect on another person’s reputation and life. It's not pleasant, but it is absolutely necessary if we are going to figure out the truth.

More:  https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/09/17/lets-hope-justice-kavanaugh-avenges-this-disgusting-democrat-slander-n2519589

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I knew Schlicter had to write this idiocy. We don't want USSC to avenge anything, we want them to uphold the USC.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I knew Schlicter had to write this idiocy. We don't want USSC to avenge anything, we want them to uphold the USC.

Missed the whole point of the article.  Again.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I am stunned. He actually wrote something cogent and without name-calling other conservatives?  :thud:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weird wrote:
"We don't want USSC to avenge anything, we want them to uphold the USC."

Nope.
I agree with Kurt.
I want to see Kavanaugh confirmed, and I want him "to remember" what the left tried to do to him every day that he sits on The Court.

If ever there was a reason to carry a grudge and a desire to "get even", this is it.

Sorry if you don't like that.