Poll

Will Republicans fold and postpone the vote?

yes
18 (40.9%)
no
26 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: September 21, 2018, 06:49:32 pm

Author Topic: California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation  (Read 14331 times)

Offline aligncare

Janet Reno's bunch used similar therapy to get children to testify against a 14 year old in a church day-care in Florida. Despite the room the children were in being enclosed in glass and plainly visible, the children testified all sorts of fanciful things against the kid who was watching them, including how one boy had changed to superman and come in the window to save his sister. Despite being found innocent of all charges, reno continued to hound the family and they eventually went back to the Netherlands. The same Janet Reno who called the shots at the Branch Davidian Massacre at Waco.

Wow. What can one do when the nation’s top law enforcement official wrongfully points the finger at you?

Similar to when Mueller hounded the wrong man in the post 9-11 anthrax case.

The power of the state to destroy the individual is awesome and nearly absolute.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention. I've been in agreement with you regarding what an oaf Trump is. Nevertheless, he's the president and is capable of implementing policies that affect our lives.

You sound glad that McCain gave the thumbs down. Sure, he got even with Trump (in McCain's inimitable petty, bitter, vengeful manner), but he did so at the expense of the American people. He could have left a more honorable legacy for himself, but he chose to remain the angry little jerk he's always been. Unforgiveness is not an admirable character trait, especially if you're at the end of your life. Worse still is that his [unending] funeral was peppered with the gospel which is based on forgiveness. Sadly, forgiveness was in short supply from most of the speakers. Instead, getevenwiththemism was pervasive. Sadly, that's what his send-off will be remembered for.

But enough of that. I'm just flummoxed by the incessant focus on Trump's idiocy and zero to little focus on the stiff-necked never-Trumpers who still have a responsibility to serve the citizens.
If you go on principles, you recognize what is right, without any factoring in personal feelings about the person who said or did it. No matter what I think of Trump, pro or con, as you said, he is our President. When he gets it right he gets it right, for whatever reason, when I disagree, I disagree--and both situations are based on principle, not on whether I like the man or not.

I have had recent experience of working with a person whom I detest. He is, however, a good worker, does his job well, promptly, and without complaint. Regardless of how I feel about that person, I have to give credit where credit is due, and freely do so. That is dealing with people based on principle--credit where credit is due--not on personality. On facts rather than feelings.

I think Trump's primary behaviour was inexcusable. His personal life before becoming a politician is yet another matter. All irrelevant to the current situation, except to invite close scrutiny of policy and behaviour in office, but not the obstruction of what is good for the country.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Wow. What can one do when the nation’s top law enforcement official wrongfully points the finger at you?

Similar to when Mueller hounded the wrong man in the post 9-11 anthrax case.

The power of the state to destroy the individual is awesome and nearly absolute.
Shoot back. That's what the Branch Davidians did. Reno was prosecutor in Miami/Dade when the church daycare case went down. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/fuster/etc/miami.html

It was a notch in her gun, so to speak, foreshadowed the Branch Davidian witch hunt (also supposedly over sexual abuse, but used the BATFE and FBI assault teams instead of DCS--with press timed to turn public opinion against the Davidians https://www.wacotrib.com/news/branch_davidians/sinful-messiah---part-feb---page-a/image_3ed4d566-a90a-11e2-b3ed-0019bb2963f4.html) and reminiscent of a current figure prosecuting a fellow in the Anthrax case (Comey and Mueller) https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/21/comey-mueller-bungled-big-anthrax-case-together/

These aren't coincidences, but symptoms of a syndrome of 'win at all costs' prosecution, including character assassination in the media timed to produce a result. It is no wonder that the smears against Clarence Thomas, Roy Moore, and now the latest against a SCOTUS nominee were flavored with sexual claims, as this has proven to produce the most visceral emotional responses against whomever the target is, be it a person, candidate, group, or even the Catholic Church (who still will not sign on to homosexual unions or abortion).

Nor, as the Primary showed us, are these techniques confined to the ranks of Democrats or Liberals, which still gives me great pause in supporting someone who used them in that campaign. The court of public opinion is one in which 'evidentiary' standards are limited to who brays the loudest, the longest, and with the most juicy dirt, with the minor inconvenience of exculpatory facts only to follow in retractions or short op-eds in the fine print and interior pages, if mentioned at all.

You don't even have to be found guilty of anything. The State's resources are boundless, the individual will be bankrupted in their defense, their homes, businesses, marriages, and lives destroyed, without even so much as a shred of evidence presented in actual trial in court.

Innuendo is enough to destroy a business, and the pall of pending charges is sufficient to shut many businesses down, either over the charge itself or the stigma of being associated with parties who might be guilty of something universally detestable. That economic shunning costs people jobs, business, and reputations, even if the eventual outcome of the case is that they were, indeed, innocent of all charges.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:21:38 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

I don't think president TRUMP does anything wrong!  All the distortion's by media, & some men buy into that persona, because of their own jealousy of TRUMP.  Sad to see. He is no "oaf'. He is direct, clear minded, & correct. If people bad mouth him, you all have been listening too much, to LEFT, LYING MEDIA.  You all buy into DEEP STATE..and don't even see it.  You bash TRUMP, so you can feel superior to him.  When do people grow up?  He is doing a great, fantastic job for our country!

NO, I am not a  groupie. I am a PATRIOT who sees the good results, executed by this man, human being!  This is a conservative site?  "He who is without sin, throw the first stone".  When are people going to understand? 

Offline LegalAmerican

Shoot back. That's what the Branch Davidians did. Reno was prosecutor in Miami/Dade when the church daycare case went down. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/fuster/etc/miami.html

It was a notch in her gun, so to speak, foreshadowed the Branch Davidian witch hunt (also supposedly over sexual abuse, but used the BATFE and FBI assault teams instead of DCS--with press timed to turn public opinion against the Davidians https://www.wacotrib.com/news/branch_davidians/sinful-messiah---part-feb---page-a/image_3ed4d566-a90a-11e2-b3ed-0019bb2963f4.html) and reminiscent of a current figure prosecuting a fellow in the Anthrax case (Comey and Mueller) https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/21/comey-mueller-bungled-big-anthrax-case-together/

These aren't coincidences, but symptoms of a syndrome of 'win at all costs' prosecution, including character assassination in the media timed to produce a result. It is no wonder that the smears against Clarence Thomas, Roy Moore, and now the latest against a SCOTUS nominee were flavored with sexual claims, as this has proven to produce the most visceral emotional responses against whomever the target is, be it a person, candidate, group, or even the Catholic Church (who still will not sign on to homosexual unions or abortion).

Nor, as the Primary showed us, are these techniques confined to the ranks of Democrats or Liberals, which still gives me great pause in supporting someone who used them in that campaign. The court of public opinion is one in which 'evidentiary' standards are limited to who brays the loudest, the longest, and with the most juicy dirt, with the minor inconvenience of exculpatory facts only to follow in retractions or short op-eds in the fine print and interior pages, if mentioned at all.

You don't even have to be found guilty of anything. The State's resources are boundless, the individual will be bankrupted in their defense, their homes, businesses, marriages, and lives destroyed, without even so much as a shred of evidence presented in actual trial in court.

Innuendo is enough to destroy a business, and the pall of pending charges is sufficient to shut many businesses down, either over the charge itself or the stigma of being associated with parties who might be guilty of something universally detestable. That economic shunning costs people jobs, business, and reputations, even if the eventual outcome of the case is that they were, indeed, innocent of all charges.

This is what is being done to President TRUMP!  And some people "love" the dirt & dive right in, to add more  FICTITIOUS dirt. I can't believe, how many people think, they are "better" than president TRUMP.  I think THAT is oafish.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

This is what is being done to President TRUMP!  And some people "love" the dirt & dive right in, to add more  FICTITIOUS dirt. I can't believe, how many people think, they are "better" than president TRUMP.  I think THAT is oafish.

:thumbsup:
There is a difference. Sure, the Media are attacking Trump, they attack anyone who isn't a leftist, Lesbian, Homosexual, trans-whatever, satan worshiper, communist, philanderer, child molester, or otherwise one of the Liberal 'cool kids' they have selected for the rest of the nation to emulate, from Marxists to 'gangsta' rappers. --people they can use to corrupt others for fun and profit, in the name of selling soap.

If Trump is doing anything contrary to what they want, they will object, especially because Hillary (or even Bernie) were far closer to their preferred result.

However, in the case of the researcher who was accused of Anthrax distribution, the 14 year old in the church Day Care, Randy Weaver (set up to use potential charges as leverage to get him to spy on some of the SPLC's least favorite people--only Weaver wouldn't), The Branch Davidians, Gordon Kahl, Lavoy Finicum, and a host of others, There was little done wrong with which to attack people, so something had to be invented to sway public opinion. In Trump's case, it is a combination of past misbehaviours and current propaganda which the the media throw at him and they use the past as a reason to justify the charges of the present. Past indiscretions were known before the election, pointed out in many places, including this site, and even if nothing had been done since, would provide the 'rap sheet' to lend credence to claims of future indiscretion, real or invented. In either case, the reason is distraction, not only from what has been achieved, but what is being revealed about the favorites of his accusers. A olitical ploy, on occasion based, however tenuously, in fact and past behaviour.

Character assassination through accusation, rumor, and innuendo, however, of those who are not deserving thereof, timed to destroy reputations just before an election or confirmation vote, (or, in some instances, a paramilitary style attack) and shied away from by the very Congresspeople who should stand foursquare behind those attacked reveals more about the character of the people who should defend them rather than retreat. To wit: that there is something in their past (or present, or both) which, if revealed would be career ending for them, so they are hunkered down, staying well out of the line of fire.

Character counts, and your past will be used against you, in the court of public opinion. In the event you have no image destroying events in your past, the  Media will invent some for you, just in time for the ballots to be cast.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

Look, it gets more nasty on CHRISSY BLOWSEY,,her nick name in H.S. All connected to Clinton. She is a pink puzzy hat wearing activist, feminist who hates men. Then Brother father in CIA. Not the Good CIA. 

Blasey-Ford is CIA.  Trail of sordid Kavanaugh sex smear leads straight to defense contractor linked to Clinton Foundation:
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2662.htm

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
If the GOP let me down again I'll just vote libertarian -_-
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw