Poll

Will Republicans fold and postpone the vote?

yes
18 (40.9%)
no
26 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: September 21, 2018, 06:49:32 pm

Author Topic: California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation  (Read 14380 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So far Grassley has no plans to delay Kavanaugh vote.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
1.  True
2.  True, sort of
3.  Definitely NOT true.  Major disagreement about the number of "attempted rapists."
4.  First I ever heard of a lie detector.  Why would the FBI dismiss it out of hand (as reported by WaPo) then administer a lie detector test?

Her being a liberal democrat and donater to the party had noting to do with her coming forward now.  She just wanted to unburden her mind and move on with her life in California.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mirraflake

I truly believe they was making out and he grabbed her boob several times and she did not want to go further but that was it. Nearly all 17 year old males push the envelope at that age to see how far the young lass will go but stop at assault/rape/sexual assault.

Guys are terrible at that age trying to figure out if a woman wants to go further and plenty of gals allow a squeeze or two but when you tried to go further they stopped all action...confusing as heck to guys at that age.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:28:06 pm by mirraflake »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
1.  True
2.  True, sort of
3.  Definitely NOT true.  Major disagreement about the number of "attempted rapists."
4.  First I ever heard of a lie detector.  Why would the FBI dismiss it out of hand (as reported by WaPo) then administer a lie detector test?

Because the FBI did not administer the test. It was paid for by some unknown leftist who hired some FORMER FBI agent.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

I truly believe they was making out and he grabbed her boob several times and she did not want to go further but that was it. Nearly all 17 year old males push the envelope at that age to see how far the young lass will go but stop at assault/rape/sexual assault.

True, but I'd have to see some proof that they knew each other and a good explanation as to why she didn't mention the incident until 2012. Seems she had a life of high achievement and was married and had children. So the hyperbolic claim that she was derailed is a load of crap.

Offline Mod2

Merged two threads with same story.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This isn't like a 30 year old DA Putting the moves on a 15 year old in the mall. They were both drunk teenagers and by her own admission, it stopped before anything happened. Could of happened isn't 'did happen'.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So far Grassley has no plans to delay Kavanaugh vote.

Grassley has disappointed us before....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA:  (I'd like to know why they were in couples therapy .... )

Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room. 

[...]

In an interview, her husband, Russell Ford, said that in the 2012 sessions, she recounted being trapped in a room with two drunken boys, one of whom pinned her to a bed, molested her and prevented her from screaming. He said he recalled that his wife used Kavanaugh’s last name and voiced concern that Kavanaugh — then a federal judge — might one day be nominated to the Supreme Court.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:05:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline darroll

I wonder if this poor psychologically damaged child, who was never able to get past the event and turned to a life of drugs and never amounted to a thing in life  will go on all the news shows and relive the trauma of that night.....
And spend her new money wisely.

Offline austingirl

https://mobile.twitter.com/WiredSources/status/1041390943549763586

Strangely enough her social media has been scrubbed.

She can't remember the year of the alleged event, whose house it was or how she got there. Her story has lots of holes.

After so many years, Ford said she does not remember some key details of the incident. She said she believes it occurred in the summer of 1982, when she was 15, around the end of her sophomore year at the all-girls Holton-Arms School in Bethesda. Kavanaugh would have been 17 at the end of his junior year at Georgetown Prep.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Judiciary Republicans call on Feinstein to release letter after Kavanaugh accuser breaks silence
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406934-republicans-call-on-feinstein-to-release-letter-after-kavanaugh-accuser
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/WiredSources/status/1041390943549763586

Strangely enough her social media has been scrubbed.

She can't remember the year of the alleged event, whose house it was or how she got there. Her story has lots of holes.

Yup ... completely scrubbed. 

No planning here.   888mouth

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This isn't like a 30 year old DA Putting the moves on a 15 year old in the mall. They were both drunk teenagers and by her own admission, it stopped before anything happened. Could of happened isn't 'did happen'.

When did that DA thing happen?  Was it proven, or just unsubstantiated charges that enough Republicans and Briefers believed in order to destroy a career?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Senate Judiciary Republicans call on Feinstein to release letter after Kavanaugh accuser breaks silence
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406934-republicans-call-on-feinstein-to-release-letter-after-kavanaugh-accuser

No upside in that request.  Let the Rats volunteer it. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No upside in that request.  Let the Rats volunteer it.

Yes, there is an upside.  Now if the Rats refuse they're exposed to even the stupidest Senator in the Stupid Party it's a ploy.  If the Pubbies didn't ask, then that would be treated by the press as a ploy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mirraflake

I can't remember exact dates of crap I did at that age either. Sopmore-junior senior year really all blended in together. I remember all my prom and homecoming dates but can't remember at what age I took each one.  Late 1970's early 1980's.

@Right_in_Virginia

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Clarice Feldman: 25 minutes ago...

Case closed. From Rate my Professor:

"Christine ford is the worst educator I have ever experienced. Avoid taking her class and avoid any interaction with this person. I feel like she has something wrong with her and I am surprised no one has caught this. Also avoid fullerton's MSW program as long as she is there."

Ford also scrubbed all her online accounts even her professional profile on Linked in
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

Yes, there is an upside.  Now if the Rats refuse they're exposed to even the stupidest Senator in the Stupid Party it's a ploy.  If the Pubbies didn't ask, then that would be treated by the press as a ploy.

We shall see.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I can't remember exact dates of crap I did at that age either. Sopmore-junior senior year really all blended in together. I remember all my prom and homecoming dates but can't remember at what age I took each one.  Late 1970's early 1980's.

@Right_in_Virginia

I've never met a rape or attempted rape survivor who couldn't tell you in two seconds when it happened, even if 50 years ago.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If they have to drop Kavanaugh it is too late to pick a new candidate and get him/her approved before mid-terms.....and if the rats win we will never get another chance for another conservative judge.

I worry if they do go ahead with the vote Collins will not vote for him now.
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We shall see.

I can tell you one thing without waiting:  The press will declare this is fact, and Kavanaugh should step down.  I can here the drums from way out here in the middle of a desert.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

"Christine ford is the worst educator I have ever experienced. Avoid taking her class and avoid any interaction with this person. I feel like she has something wrong with her and I am surprised no one has caught this. Also avoid fullerton's MSW program as long as she is there."

Ford also scrubbed all her online accounts even her professional profile on Linked in

Bad optics. Looks like she has something to hide, though I imagine there will be a reason or excuse put forth to justify it.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Interesting indeed....I hope the Repubs are digging into her past as we speak
Support the USO