Author Topic: UK: Traumatised Afghanistan war hero kissed kids goodbye and jumped in front of train… and SURVIVED  (Read 486 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

HERO'S SECOND CHANCE Traumatised Afghanistan war hero kissed kids goodbye and jumped in front of train… and SURVIVED
Perry Tatler, 29, kissed his two young children goodbye for what he believed was for the last time before heading to the train station
WARNING
By John Shammas

AN Afghanistan war hero who survived jumping in front of a train has said sorry to those who witnessed his attempted suicide and thanked those who helped him.

Perry Tatler, 29, kissed his two young children goodbye for what he believed was for the last time before heading to the train station.

In 2017 Perry moved to Torquay, Devon with his ex-partner and held down a security job at Exeter Prison while his mental health deteriorated

But despite throwing himself in front of a train, he lived to tell the tale and is encouraging others to seek help if they feel suicidal.

The dad-of-two remains in hospital five months on, having sustained a broken back, shoulder and ribs, and a bleed on the brain.

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7271133/perry-tatler-suicide-apology-train-afghanistan/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I pray he gets the help he needs, but if this isn't an indication that The Almighty isn't done with him yet, I don't know what is. I hope he makes a full recovery, and not just from the recent injuries.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis