Author Topic: Dan Gainor: Some 'journalists' happy to pitch in on last-ditch hit job on Kavanaugh  (Read 303 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dan Gainor: Some 'journalists' happy to pitch in on last-ditch hit job on Kavanaugh

By Dan Gainor | Fox News

The Supreme Court nomination seems like a new season of “House of Cards,” with many in the media helping write the script.

It’s had everything it needed to be a hit: lies about what nominee Brett Kavanaugh said; journalists thrilled by a self-aggrandizing senator who was lying and fantasizing he was “Spartacus”; another senator who promoted a phony video of the testimony; hundreds of radical protesters intent on shutting down the hearing and even attempts to threaten or possibly bribe a senator into voting him down. Now there’s a last-second allegation from … high school.

The accusation was Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s First-Monday-in-October surprise. It pushed a claim “from a woman who accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct when they were both in high school,” according to The New Yorker. Kavanaugh turned 53 in February. That means the claim is about 35 years old.

The attacks were so bad that even MSNBC Anchor Joe Scarborough skewered Democrats, complaining that “this is why a lot of people just don’t get involved in public service.”

more
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/16/dan-gainor-some-journalists-happy-to-pitch-in-on-last-ditch-hit-job-on-kavanaugh.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I admit, I am confused. While there is certainly sexual misconduct that transcends the vagaries of time and redefinition, was this alleged misconduct 'misconduct' by 1980 standards, or 2018 standards?

Going back even further I recall a time when if a guy got too 'handy' and crossed the boundaries of consensual behaviour, he got slapped--HARD!--and that was the end of the issue. Even then, he'd likely have to deal with other members of her family if his prompt and sincere apology wasn't acceptable. Nowadays, though, the wrong word, a presumption of gender, or even a compliment can be written up as 'sexual misconduct'. So what, exactly is being alleged, and were the people involved adults or minors?

I still find it amazing that such lurid detail can be pulled out from so long ago, whatever day that was, and wherever it was that whatever allegedly happened...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis