Author Topic: Durbin calls for delay in Kavanaugh vote  (Read 1216 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin calls for delay in Kavanaugh vote
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:02:52 pm »
By Michael Burke - 09/16/18 08:27 AM EDT

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) late Saturday called for a delay to the Senate Judiciary Committee’s confirmation vote on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, saying that “there are too many questions swirling around this nomination.”

“I am calling on Senate Republicans to delay next week’s Judiciary Committee vote on the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh,” the number two Senate Democrat wrote in a tweet.

“The American people deserve to know who Judge Kavanaugh is, but Republicans are trying to rush through this nomination while concealing critical parts of the nominee’s record,” he added in another tweet. “There are far too many questions swirling around this nomination.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406889-durbin-calls-for-delay-in-kavanaugh-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Durbin calls for delay in Kavanaugh vote
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:05:23 pm »
The American people deserved to know what was in Obamacare and that didn’t seem to stop Durbin

And why is it that liberals assume what they care about the American people also care about?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 02:06:25 pm »

I hope McConnell specifically states that after this little dispicable DiFi stunt this last week, that the answer is not only no..... but hell no.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 02:09:35 pm »
Hey little Dick!  Why don't you go take a LONG walk on a short pier!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 02:12:44 pm »
Hey little Dick!  Why don't you go take a LONG walk on a short pier!

And preferably yesterday at one in the Carolinas
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 02:30:07 pm »
The Judiciary Committee ALREADY extended the vote to next week. It could have, and probably SHOULD have voted Thursday since the party line vote outcome wouldn’t change. Grassley was being overly nice to a bunch of smucks.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 02:47:46 pm »
Call away, Dickless Turban.  Your big chance to let your voice known is Thursday.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 02:48:32 pm »
The Judiciary Committee ALREADY extended the vote to next week. It could have, and probably SHOULD have voted Thursday since the party line vote outcome wouldn’t change. Grassley was being overly nice to a bunch of smucks.
I think the one-week delay is a long-standing rule in the Senate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 03:28:08 pm »
I think the one-week delay is a long-standing rule in the Senate.

Yup, and unless I'm wrong the confirmation vote is still the 20th? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 03:58:05 pm »
Yup, and unless I'm wrong the confirmation vote is still the 20th?

I think that's the committee vote.  Then it goes to the floor.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 04:01:02 pm »
I think that's the committee vote.  Then it goes to the floor.

Yeah...  The math don't work for the 20th any longer.  d'oh

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 04:04:33 pm »
Yeah...  The math don't work for the 20th any longer.  d'oh

The left has gone off the rails on this one.  Watch for disruptive protests, riots, etc.  Hope the GOP has contingency plans in place.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 04:16:21 pm »
This alleged letter alleging some sort of impropriety against a 17 year old Kavanaugh has been in Feinstein's hands since July.  That was plenty of time to determine its accuracy. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 04:16:45 pm »
The left has gone off the rails on this one.  Watch for disruptive protests, riots, etc.  Hope the GOP has contingency plans in place.

They can block all spectators from the floor vote.  They certainly won't let the screamers anywhere near the Floor.  They'll have to protest outside of the chamber.

There will probably be screamers at Thursday's vote, invited into the Committee room by Rats.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 04:18:12 pm »
This alleged letter alleging some sort of impropriety against a 17 year old Kavanaugh has been in Feinstein's hands since July.  That was plenty of time to determine its accuracy.

DiFi gave a copy of it to the FBI, who promptly rejected it, and copies to the Rats in the Committee.  Republicans were stonewalled.  AFAIK, they still haven't seen the letter.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 04:20:24 pm »
DiFi gave a copy of it to the FBI, who promptly rejected it, and copies to the Rats in the Committee.  Republicans were stonewalled.  AFAIK, they still haven't seen the letter.

Supposedly, in their interview with her, she said she had this letter since July, 2016 and held onto it...thus their propensity to dismiss it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 04:21:09 pm »

This kind of crap is SOP for the party of the Rat.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 04:23:20 pm »
This kind of crap is SOP for the party of the Rat.

They have rewritten the Bork tactic a different ways now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 04:58:17 pm »
Supposedly, in their interview with her, she said she had this letter since July, 2016 and held onto it...thus their propensity to dismiss it.

I suspect she withheld it from the Republicans because she was afraid they'd either release it, or contact the lady who wrote it.  Can't have people running around trying to collaborate it, can we?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 07:08:59 pm »

They couldn't care less about accuracy.  But you know that already.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 07:19:05 pm »

Disappointed.  I thought they would vote Thursday.  No more extensions; and somebody do something about DiFi and her little democrat college professor friend who remembers something she barely escaped from that ruined her life.  Duh.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 07:47:15 pm »
Disappointed.  I thought they would vote Thursday.  No more extensions; and somebody do something about DiFi and her little democrat college professor friend who remembers something she barely escaped from that ruined her life.  Duh.

Last I heard, the vote is still scheduled for the 20th.  Have I missed something?  Did Grassley cave?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 07:52:54 pm »
Last I heard, the vote is still scheduled for the 20th.  Have I missed something?  Did Grassley cave?

It was originally scheduled for the 13th but the Dems exercised the option to put it off for a week and now the committee will vote on the 20th.  Or so I'm told.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 07:57:11 pm »
NOW more than ever, is to go full speed ahead.  Damn the torpedoes.  This is war.  Vote on him.   Let the Rats try and impeach him when they get into power if they think they have a case. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 08:03:02 pm »
NOW more than ever, is to go full speed ahead.  Damn the torpedoes.  This is war.  Vote on him.   Let the Rats try and impeach him when they get into power if they think they have a case.

:amen:  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien