Author Topic: Democrats: 'Let's Do the Time Warp Again' By Clarice Feldman  (Read 445 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Democrats: 'Let's Do the Time Warp Again' By Clarice Feldman
« on: September 16, 2018, 12:51:28 pm »
September 16, 2018
Democrats: 'Let's Do the Time Warp Again'
By Clarice Feldman

Looking back on the week's events, it occurs to me that the Democrats' new theme song should be "Let's Do the Time Warp Again" as they reprise the demagogic lies and smear tactics that once worked for them but are now failing for anyone with a memory longer than a week or two.  On the other hand, watching the Russian collusion fizzle, it might be "I'm Waiting for Ships that Never Come In."

Let's start with Hurricane Florence.  It's doing a lot of damage, and we naturally share concern for the well-being of those in its path.  But it was no sooner announced than the usual demagogues claimed falsely that it was the result of climate change and somehow pulling us out of the economically devastating and factually pointless Paris Accords made the president responsible for the devastation.  In any event, Florence quickly dropped from a Category 5 hurricane to a Category 1.  I'm waiting for these same critics to credit Trump for that turn of events.

Perhaps in recognition of the storm's force downturn, they sprang a new lie, this time claiming that 3,000 people had died in Puerto Rico because the president's response to that hurricane was inadequate.  In fact, the number was about a fifty times too great, the hawkers of this tale counting every death for any reason there for months afterward.

more at:   http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/09/democrats_lets_do_the_time_warp_again.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Re: Democrats: 'Let's Do the Time Warp Again' By Clarice Feldman
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:09:57 pm »
More of the clear thinking typical of the supporters of this president by Ms. Feldman.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:17:06 pm »
More of the clear thinking typical of the supporters of this president by Ms. Feldman.

Love her columns, but it's rare that I can get through one in its entirety.

Had the same 'problem' with Tom Clancy's novels.   For example, I like to learn about the destroyer's deck cannons but not how they're made.      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:00:42 pm »
Love her columns, but it's rare that I can get through one in its entirety.

Had the same 'problem' with Tom Clancy's novels.   For example, I like to learn about the destroyer's deck cannons but not how they're made.      :laugh:

In this column she summarizes the events of the entire week ... and pretty darn well, IMHO 

But it is a "busy" column  :laugh: