Author Topic: WNBA champions Seattle Storm say they would decline White House invite  (Read 1370 times)

Offline corbe

WNBA champions Seattle Storm say they would decline White House invite

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 09/15/18 07:11 PM EDT

The Seattle Storm said it has yet to receive an invitation from the White House and it doesn't plan to go anyway, according to the team’s star point guard Sue Bird.

“At this point does it even need to be discussed?” Bird told the Seattle Times Friday. “It’s come up. We pay attention to what happened with Minnesota and not getting invited.”

The athlete was referring to the Minnesota Lynx, which took home the WNBA championship last year and hosted a community service event in Washington, D.C., earlier this year after they did not receive a White House invite from President Trump.

Bird's comments come after the Storm won its third WNBA title Wednesday night against the Washington Mystics.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406869-wnba-champions-seattle-storm-would-decline-white-house-invite
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: WNBA champions Seattle Storm say they would decline White House invite
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 12:25:04 am »

Take it from me Mr. President, don't mention 'Nappy Headed Ho's'.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 12:45:59 am »
Boy they are grasping at any straws to get some attention. They hate they are irrelevant lesbians (half of them anyway) that get little to no press.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:49:15 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 02:37:57 am »
The topic of WNBA players and their league has cropped up on a number of basketball forums I frequent.
A  number of patrons of these forums actually believe the players have some kind of right to play for pay no matter what the cost because female athletes etc.
It has been explained to them that there is no league or sport that "deserves" to be subsidized if people don't want to spend money to watch them.
And if the NBA didn't subsidize the  league only a tiny pct. of the population wants to watch, there would be no WNBA.
The sad truth is that few heterosexual males want to watch heavily tattooed, often lesbian women in baggy shorts play basketball.
If some people demand the league be subsidized despite lack of interest, maybe they can organize all those liberal women who would rather watch the House, food, or Kardashian channel than watch the women toss the ball through the hoop.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:06:35 am by goatprairie »

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 02:52:31 am »
  In the NBA off season I watch a lot of LPGA (till my Stros kick in the afterburner to repeat in the MLB).

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 03:25:24 am »
WNBA champions Seattle Storm say they would decline White House invite

I would suggest that their fans boycott....  but who would notice a 50 fan boycott
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 04:33:40 am »
Wow! A bunch of freakishly tall Dykes don't want to visit a man.

Is this Breaking News,by any chance?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 04:45:57 pm »
They hate that DJT may pull one over on them by not inviting them, so they're striking what they think is a preemptive blow. I hope he doesn't invite any championship team at any level, in any sport, for the remainder of his tenure as president. That should frustrate some people.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:02 pm »
They hate that DJT may pull one over on them by not inviting them, so they're striking what they think is a preemptive blow. I hope he doesn't invite any championship team at any level, in any sport, for the remainder of his tenure as president. That should frustrate some people.

@mountaineer

I am in total agreement.  It's not like any of them are geniuses who are going to whisper some sort of profound thought into his ear. Professional athletes  are the equivalent of shaved monkeys.  Invite scientists,doctors,engineers,teachers,etc,etc,etc. People who have accomplished things that will change the world. Or at least change the way people see things.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!