Author Topic: Why Afghanistan is more dangerous than ever  (Read 425 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why Afghanistan is more dangerous than ever
« on: September 15, 2018, 10:13:37 pm »
Why Afghanistan is more dangerous than ever

Huge death tolls that would once have made headlines are becoming commonplace in Afghanistan, as the Taliban and other militant groups flex their muscles daily against a US-backed military struggling to cope.

There remains no clear end in sight for a war that has turned into a bloody stalemate, as the BBC World Service's Dawood Azami explains.

Is the violence getting worse?

Since the US-led invasion in 2001, Afghanistan has never been as insecure as it is now. The Taliban control more territory than at any point since the removal of their regime 17 years ago.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/msn/why-afghanistan-is-more-dangerous-than-ever/ar-BBNj1ms

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Why Afghanistan is more dangerous than ever
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:26:06 pm »
Third-world shitholes look down at Afghanistan.  I understand why we went in, but it was foolishness to think we could do anything beyond kicking their asses for 911.  I think this broken promise from 43 bugs me the most.  "There will be no 'Nation Building'."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 12:15:12 am »
https://allthatsinteresting.com/soviet-afghan-war  <--- This website might make one's computer act "wonky" though I was able to read it without problem with my Opera webrowster.  (that article says something like Al Qaeda was formed back in the days of the Afghanistan/Soviet War, I do think you might find some disagreement with that view).

Some war, some sojourn.

Reagan meeting the Mujahadin at the White House.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:50:45 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 12:18:49 am »
Pakistan allegedly and probably so... fuels the unrest in Afghanistan.

Pakistani Taliban. Pakistan is a heavily populated country, note, the terrorists in Pakistan never run out... I thought 15 years ago, how can these terrorist forces really have so many followers. There seems to be no limit to the militants.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 12:31:16 am »
I will not put Ronald Reagan down, however, in hindsight,

Afghanistan is a problem.

The Communists have taken over Nicaragua, we don't get Nicaraguans by the score here.

We do get El Salvadorans.

In the '80s, we were active in the conflicts in Central America.

I'm not a historian nor expert but there is some room to reflect on what happened down there.

Now, I think we are in a new era, it sounded like a good idea at the time but Iraq may well have been another place, we can question our acts.

Moving forward, I think we will be a lot more cautious getting involved in a Libyan, Iraqi, even Syrian situation. Not to simplify, our troops are in Iraq and Syria (the latter to a small amount apparently) and we are probably going to be there for the long haul.

Failing to act, may cause problems as well. We will see.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:51:29 am by TomSea »