Author Topic: Why Black Voters Are Turning to Trump  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why Black Voters Are Turning to Trump
« on: September 15, 2018, 01:25:55 pm »
Why Black Voters Are Turning to Trump
American Greatness, Sep 14, 2018, Karin McQuillan

I have been listening for hours to ordinary black Americans on the #Walkaway movement’s YouTube channel. This is a movement of former Democrats explaining why they are leaving their party. While each face, voice, and story is unique and fascinating, there are some striking recurring themes

[...]

In the short term, hyping fake white racism and police brutality worked to stanch the bleeding in black turnout in the 2012 election. In the long term, however, Obama’s reliance on racial fear and grievance increased black suffering. He broke people’s hearts and blew up many black voters’ loyalty to the Democrats.

The #Walkaway videos are remarkably consistent on that score. Obama got them paying attention to party politics for the first time. Next came the emotional roller coaster, as joy turned to disappointment. Obama’s identity politics agenda, now amplified by progressive Democrats, was a cynical ploy and it has become is a total turn off to those now paying attention. These black voters hate illegal immigration. Obama marked the end of their romance with the Democrat Party, not a new beginning.

Few of these ex-Democrats voted for Trump, but they were willing to give Trump a chance after the election. They find Trump Derangement Syndrome ludicrous. In fact, they love what he is doing. They appreciate the jobs he is creating, and they share his patriotism.  ...

A last, and very interesting theme, is after Obama got them engaged, most of these black Democrats started doing research on the internet. They were riveted learning the history of the Democratic Party. They care deeply and viscerally about slavery. What a shock to discover they had been lied to about it all their lives.

More:  https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/14/why-black-voters-are-turning-to-trump/

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:31:08 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Re: Why Black Voters Are Turning to Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:54:23 pm »
This essay is about more than President Trump ... it is about a political sea change within the Black community that's been looking to break free.

Obama started this change and Trump is pulling them across the finish line.  More evidence, IMO, Donald Trump is the right man at the right time.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 02:18:28 pm »
Great to see this trend.   There's little question that the most direct victims of illegal immigration are Black Americans willing to work.  Their opportunities and wages have been driven down. 

Same goes with crappy public schools and the Dems fighting to keep choices denied.  Black Americans have been sated far too long by the Dem sugar rush of grievance politics.   

More and more, it appears, can see the con.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 02:32:06 pm »
Great post, @Right_in_Virginia!  I've missed your articles....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 02:40:27 pm »
This essay is about more than President Trump ... it is about a political sea change within the Black community that's been looking to break free.

Obama started this change and Trump is pulling them across the finish line.  More evidence, IMO, Donald Trump is the right man at the right time.

Excellent!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 11:50:58 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 01:27:21 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

If this is correct,  the democrat party is going to be a footnote in history books sooner than I imagined.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 01:38:57 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

If this is correct,  the democrat party is going to be a footnote in history books sooner than I imagined.

Never, never, underestimate the GOP's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 04:29:58 am »
If these were the opinions of a small group of mavericks, it would be interesting. If the poll numbers of  black voters liking Trump are accurate at only 11 or 14 percent, it will seriously impact the swing states, lowering Democrats chances in 2020. If the numbers actually are 21 or 38 percent, America will never be the same. Democrats tell themselves that black voters turning to Trump is not real and it will go away. It is not going away.

Yippe Ki-Yay, Rats.

Monetize white guilt. Beautiful line.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 04:39:26 am »

Obama did far worse than just let blacks, and everyone else, down.

He used us all like a 12 pack of Charmin.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 05:38:17 am »
I have viewed many of the youtube #walkaway vids.

They seem individually sincere, personally prepared; not like something fake or contrived.

How large the impact is/will turn out to be, is hard to estimate.

Any loss from black and Hispanic voters for the dems, is very, very significant.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:39:56 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 02:13:46 pm »
@truth_seeker  I've read that if the Republicans can peel away 10-20% if the black vote, the Dems are in real trouble.  I don't believe it because they have been encouraging mass illegal migration of Hispanics and breaking down attempts to control voting.  They imported a new constituency of illegal aliens.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 04:16:06 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

From your keyboard to God's ears @Bigun    888high58888