Author Topic: Sad and pathetic: Delusional Bill Kristol prepares ‘war machine’ to challenge Trump for 2020 GOP nom  (Read 720 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sad and pathetic: Delusional Bill Kristol prepares ‘war machine’ to challenge Trump for 2020 GOP nomination
American Thinker, Sep 15, 2018, Thomas Lifson

Swamp fever has taken a toll on a number of DC-dwelling conservative pundits and driven them mad.  They seem to be competing with each other to see who can bark at the moon loudest. There’s Jennifer Rubin, who has excoriated Trump for taking positions that she previously advocated.  There’s George Will, who wished for a 50 state sweep for corrupt Hillary Clinton. But making a strong move to capture leadership of this cohort is Bill Kristol, who still fancies himself a kingmaker, despite the ignominious defeat of his second-choice Trump challenger Evan McMullin after first choice David French bowed out.

Recall that Kristol’s deep-think strategy was to have McMullin win the votes of (presumably straight-laced) Utah voters who shared McMullin’s Mormon faith, and thereby deny the "short-fingered vulgarian" Trump the electoral votes of the Beehive State, which Kristol theorized might swing the election to Hillary.

Undeterred by playing the fool in 2016, Kristol is, in the memorable words of Lieutenant General Honore, “stuck on stupid” and looking for a new patsy candidate to mobilize the inevitable defeat of Trump in the GOP nomination contest. Like cargo cultists building a model of a runway in New Guinea for the airplanes air dropping supplies, Kristol thinks he can create a ‘war machine’ that will prevail over a sitting president with 90% approval from Republicans.

Joe Concha of The Hill manages to report this announced effort without even using the expressing ”LOL.”

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/sad_and_pathetic_delusional_bill_kristol_prepares_war_machine_to_challenge_trump_for_2020_gop_nomination.html

Offline endicom

American Thinker
Thomas Lifson
Sept. 15, 2018

Swamp fever has taken a toll on a number of DC-dwelling conservative pundits and driven them mad.  They seem to be competing with each other to see who can bark at the moon loudest. There’s Jennifer Rubin, who has excoriated Trump for taking positions that she previously advocated.  There’s George Will, who wished for a 50 state sweep for corrupt Hillary Clinton. But making a strong move to capture leadership of this cohort is Bill Kristol, who still fancies himself a kingmaker, despite the ignominious defeat of his second-choice Trump challenger Evan McMullin after first choice David French bowed out.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/sad_and_pathetic_delusional_bill_kristol_prepares_war_machine_to_challenge_trump_for_2020_gop_nomination.html

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

sad pathetic and delusional...first 4 words in the headline.  Should I post it in politics or opinion? :pondering:

Offline endicom

sad pathetic and delusional...first 4 words in the headline.  Should I post it in politics or opinion? :pondering:

Re-post it where you please and your sad, pathetic and delusional thread will be merged with this one.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
A real eye-opener to see both Sasse and Kasich on the same list.  One isn't remotely conservative, and the other (generally) is very conservative.   The only thing they have in common is that they don't like Trump.

That tells you all you need to know about Kristol's opposition to Trump.  It's not based at all on policy.  It's not that Trump is too conservative, or too liberal.  It's based just on personal dislike.

How incredibly petty to subordinate policy to personal pique.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My current count has at least 20 people who will try to challenge Trump for the Republican nomination.
And the only one confirmed on the Dem side is Warren, with Hillary, Sanders, Harris, and a half a dozen others as a maybe.

2020 should be a lot of fun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One thing I want to know is WHY should we give a damn about anything anyone with dual citizenship has to say about how our,NOT THEIR,country should be ran,or who should be running it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In a three way between 1. Trump, 2. the Dem and 3. these clowns, my money is on option 1. or 2.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 15, 2018
Sad and pathetic: Delusional Bill Kristol prepares ‘war machine’ to challenge Trump for 2020 GOP nomination
By Thomas Lifson

Recall that Kristol’s deep-think strategy was to have McMullin win the votes of (presumably straight-laced) Utah voters who shared McMullin’s Mormon faith, and thereby deny the "short-fingered vulgarian" Trump the electoral votes of the Beehive State, which Kristol theorized might swing the election to Hillary.

Undeterred by playing the fool in 2016, Kristol is, in the memorable words of Lieutenant General Honore, “stuck on stupid” and looking for a new patsy candidate to mobilize the inevitable defeat of Trump in the GOP nomination contest. Like cargo cultists building a model of a runway in New Guinea for the airplanes air dropping supplies, Kristol thinks he can create a ‘war machine’ that will prevail over a sitting president with 90% approval from Republicans.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/sad_and_pathetic_delusional_bill_kristol_prepares_war_machine_to_challenge_trump_for_2020_gop_nomination.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Bill Kristol.  I once thought he was a voice for conservatism but that permanent sneer on his face was a little disquieting.  That sneer just  screamed, 'I am smarter than you all but I will give you some words of wisdom.'

It's probably a good think Bill Buckley is dead.  I'd hate to lose another conservative pillar.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline endicom

Offline Absalom

Kristol, along w/Podhoretz and Goldberg are some of the neo-con, con men;
political hustlers who never had anything to do w/principled conservatism.
Kristol is the son of Irving and Gertrude Himmelfarb, NYC radicals of the 20ties;
both ardent devotees of Leon Trotsky and Marxism!!!