Author Topic: Paul Manafort to hand over Trump Tower condo, house in Hamptons in plea deal  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/09/14/paul-manafort-property-forfeiture/1301838002/

WASHINGTON – Paul Manafort is going to have to give up the goods – literally.

As part of his plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller, Manafort is going to have to surrender a lot of valuable real estate to the government, including a condo in Trump Tower.

<snip>

In addition to the high-rise condo owned by his former boss, Manafort will have to forfeit a brownstone in Brooklyn, New York, another condo in lower Manhattan, a house in the Hamptons, a house in Arlington, Virginia, three bank accounts and a life insurance policy.

The Trump Tower condo, #43G, last sold for $3,675,000 in 2006, according to real estate website Zillow. The site estimates the unit at the building at 721 Fifth Avenue, which Donald Trump built in 1983, is now worth just over $3 million.

As for the other real estate, the Brooklyn property sold in 2013 for almost $3 million and is estimated to currently be worth more than $4 million. The Howard street condo in New York is valued by Zillow at more than $3.2 million, the house in Arlington at nearly $1.7 million and the house in the Hamptons – which features a tennis court and a putting green– at almost $7.3 million.

more at link...

Doesn't look like Manafort is expecting a pardon.

Remember this one from all the way back of 3 weeks ago?  Good times.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:01:22 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Manafort wanted the plea to spare his family the expense of another trial ... which would have been exorbitant.  This was his last best hope of keeping any roof over his wife's head.

On the plus side, this plea is to federal charges so, if so inclined in the future, the President can issue a commutation of the sentence or a full pardon.

Offline skeeter

Manafort wanted the plea to spare his family the expense of another trial ... which would have been exorbitant.  This was his last best hope of keeping any roof over his wife's head.

On the plus side, this plea is to federal charges so, if so inclined in the future, the President can issue a commutation of the sentence or a full pardon.

I guess this means Manafort has nothing else to offer the IC in exchange for leniency but his property.

I guess this means Manafort has nothing else to offer the IC in exchange for leniency but his property.

Manafort was eyewitness to the Trump Tower meeting.  He will likely say President Trump knew all about, because frankly, you know it's true and I know it's true.  The only one in the dark about the TT meeting is Gulliani.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No big deal. After all,he will soon be moving into government housing. For how long to be determined by how much he knows and how much he is willing to make up in exchange for a shorter sentence.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
On the bright side Manafort is keeping a NYC property and a Florida property.

That should frustrate the heck out of a fully committed delusional Trump detractor.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Re: Paul Manafort to hand over Trump Tower condo, house in Hamptons in plea deal
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 05:38:58 pm »

Manafort was eyewitness to the Trump Tower meeting.  He will likely say President Trump knew all about, because frankly, you know it's true and I know it's true.  The only one in the dark about the TT meeting is Gulliani.

Lol. Hope springs eternal.

Re: Paul Manafort to hand over Trump Tower condo, house in Hamptons in plea deal
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 06:49:39 pm »
On the bright side Manafort is keeping a NYC property and a Florida property.

That should frustrate the heck out of a fully committed delusional Trump detractor.

I know I'm frustrated and not at all gleeful.  Do you suppose Mueller has a big forgiving heart for crook and traitor Paul?  That's why he keeps his illegally gotten gains?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 06:52:22 pm »
I know I'm frustrated and not at all gleeful.  Do you suppose Mueller has a big forgiving heart for crook and traitor Paul?  That's why he keeps his illegally gotten gains?

@Once-Ler

Why not? The Clintroids and the Obombers keep theirs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 06:58:29 pm »

Meueller'll probably get around to snapping up the rest of Manafort's assets after he wraps up his investigation into Rosatom & Tenex.

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 07:12:37 pm »

Meueller'll probably get around to snapping up the rest of Manafort's assets after he wraps up his investigation into Rosatom & Tenex.
Sounds like gibberish.  I'm sure the MSM and Colbert will alert me if it is important.  please like and subscribe.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 07:18:50 pm »
Sounds like gibberish.  I'm sure the MSM and Colbert will alert me if it is important.  please like and subscribe.

I was trying to pique your curiosity but that's probably beating a dead horse.

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 07:47:15 pm »
Rosatom & Tenex sounds a lot like ..."We do not know what is going on. We do not know what are in the unredacted pages, the 10-12, the 30-74, we do not know anything in the 302s, everybody says it is blockbuster."  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,332112.0.html

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 08:10:44 pm »
Rosatom & Tenex sounds a lot like ..."We do not know what is going on. We do not know what are in the unredacted pages, the 10-12, the 30-74, we do not know anything in the 302s, everybody says it is blockbuster."  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,332112.0.html

And now
I'll never know. Your AmThinker link doesn't work.

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 08:22:26 pm »
And now
I'll never know. Your AmThinker link doesn't work.
no worries.  It was giberish.