Author Topic: Drudge Report claims Dems will win 60 House seats in midterms  (Read 759 times)

Online corbe

Drudge Report claims Dems will win 60 House seats in midterms
« on: September 14, 2018, 11:55:09 pm »
Drudge Report claims Dems will win 60 House seats in midterms
BY JUSTIN WISE - 09/14/18 07:47 PM EDT

Matt Drudge, the founder of the conservative news aggregation site Drudge Report, predicted Friday that the GOP would lose 60 seats in the House in November's midterm elections.

Drudge appeared to base his prediction on President Trump's approval rating according to a Rasmussen poll released Friday. The poll found that Trump's approval rating matched former President Obama's approval at the same stage in his presidency at 47 percent among likely voters.

"Trump and Obama both have 47% approval at this time of presidency, according to Rasmussen," Drudge tweeted. "Trump will also lose 60 seats in the House like Obama did during first midterm! Unless..."

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/406811-matt-drudge-claims-gop-will-lose-60-seats-in-the-house-in-midterms
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Drudge Report claims Dems will win 60 House seats in midterms
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:58:29 pm »
  Still not sure where this belongs, Entertainment (where I usually put his stuff) or perhaps Politics so I just shoehorned it into National/Current. 
  Do with this as you wish Mods.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline darroll

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 12:06:06 am »
We are so divided. No wonder.
Then it will be ok for magpies to marry snails.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 12:43:27 am »
"Trump will also lose 60 seats in the House like Obama did during first midterm! Unless..."

Well...?
What came after "unless"...?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 12:48:59 am »
"Trump will also lose 60 seats in the House like Obama did during first midterm! Unless..."

Well...?
What came after "unless"...?
A dramatic pause. Drudge is playing with us.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 12:52:43 am »
   It's kinda reminiscent of LBJ's beef with Cronkite "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America" or some such.   Fast forward to 2018 as Trump tweets tomorrow morning "If I've lost the Drudgepacker, I've lost the gay vote".

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 02:59:43 am »
I'll say it again. I wish I could see a headline like this every single day right up to the election. Let the Dems think the election is over. There is no need to vote. It's already done.

Dems win, Pubs lose, case closed. Why wait in line for nothing?

These "polls", just like with Hillary, encourage Dems to stay home and they motivate Republicans to get off their fat ass.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 02:39:54 pm »
It appears far more existing GOP seats are leaning left than existing Demoncrats are leaning right.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/2018_elections_house_map.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 02:56:04 pm »
I'll say it again. I wish I could see a headline like this every single day right up to the election. Let the Dems think the election is over. There is no need to vote. It's already done.

Dems win, Pubs lose, case closed. Why wait in line for nothing?

These "polls", just like with Hillary, encourage Dems to stay home and they motivate Republicans to get off their fat ass.

It's all about motivation and turnout.  Time to put differences aside, folks.]
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide