Author Topic: Pope Francis talks, poorly, about Satan and the people exposing clergy sexual abuse  (Read 886 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/pope-francis-talks-poorly-about-satan-and-the-people-exposing-clergy-sexual-abuse

I’m starting to think Pope Francis isn’t the man for the job.

It’s almost like he’s trying to make the clergy sexual abuse scandal worse.

On Tuesday, for example, the Holy Father’s Sept. 11 homily included a moment wherein he appeared to bemoan that the Church's institutionalized horror of abuse and enabling has been exposed to the public.

“In these times, it seems like the 'Great Accuser' has been unchained and is attacking bishops. True, we are all sinners, we bishops. He tries to uncover the sins, so they are visible in order to scandalize the people. The 'Great Accuser', as he himself says to God in the first chapter of the Book of Job, 'roams the earth looking for someone to accuse,’” the Pope said Tuesday during Mass.

What in the world?

Is Francis suggesting he’d prefer for the sin to remain hidden? Is he’s suggesting that those who are exposing the cancer of clergy sexual abuse are also agents of the devil? Is he suggesting that we should let the issue go because it could hurt the Church?

Offline Frank Cannon

Vicar of Christ defending pedophiles. This is an interesting tactic I never would have thought of.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Didn't he just say that there is no hell and there is no Satan? I thought I read that somewhere.
So Satan exists sometimes, but most of the time not...or something like that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

Didn't he just say that there is no hell and there is no Satan? I thought I read that somewhere.
So Satan exists sometimes, but most of the time not...or something like that.

From my reading of Pope Frank, Satan only pops up in the form of child rape victims. The rest of the time everything is fine.

Offline verga

He is why I can honestly say I am Sede Vacante.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
From my reading of Pope Frank, Satan only pops up in the form of child rape victims. The rest of the time everything is fine.

Ain't that something...

Offline Absalom

Frankie Boy has been an acute and painful embarrassment from day one as Pontiff.
He was raised in the Argentina of Juan Peron, another in a endless line of corrupt
and fraudulent Latin American Dictators; among them Castro, Maduro and Ortega.
Certainty that experience formed him as a Man of the Left and his disastrous impact
on the Roman Catholic Church is painfully obvious to anyone w/a solitary brain cell.
Yet the Church is the creation of the Almighty and will survive him as it did earlier
fools and incompetents.

Offline verga

Frankie Boy has been an acute and painful embarrassment from day one as Pontiff.
He was raised in the Argentina of Juan Peron, another in a endless line of corrupt
and fraudulent Latin American Dictators; among them Castro, Maduro and Ortega.
Certainty that experience formed him as a Man of the Left and his disastrous impact
on the Roman Catholic Church is painfully obvious to anyone w/a solitary brain cell.
Yet the Church is the creation of the Almighty and will survive him as it did earlier
fools and incompetents.
:amen: This same discussion is going on over at TOS and it is a complete urinating match.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Absalom

:amen: This same discussion is going on over at TOS and it is a complete urinating match.
-------------------------------
Tkx for the compliment and the warning; as I have no interest in urinary contests.
Suggest they adopt an ironclad rule that whoever wins the last word has to mop up!!!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Suggest they adopt an ironclad rule that whoever wins the last word has to mop up!!!

000hehehehe

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

You could go one day without taking a crack at Roy Moore.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.