Author Topic: Dems send 1,278 additional questions to Kavanaugh, more than all other SCOTUS nominees combined  (Read 453 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Senate Democrats submitted a record number of written questions to President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, in a move Republicans said was the latest attempt to delay confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

The 1,278 questions are four times more than the number asked of Justice Neil M. Gorsuch, Mr. Trump’s first high court pick, last year. Indeed, it’s more than the combined total for every justice in U.S. history, said Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the committee, asked 241 questions herself — more than the total the Senate as a whole asked of Justice Elena Kagan and Justice Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama’s court picks.

“Submitting this many written questions appears to be just one more effort to gum up the process. It’s unnecessary and dilatory, especially when many have already decided to vote against Judge Kavanaugh. What more do they need to know to vote ‘no’?” Mr. Grassley said.

Nominees are usually given a week to answer the written questions, which are supposed to be clarifications and follow-ups to the questions the judge answered in person during last week’s confirmation hearing.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/12/democrats-send-1278-questions-kavanaugh/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Return to sender.  Address unknown.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The typical lefty Blowhard-Pinhead routine of snowing them under with paper and procedure.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

The typical lefty Blowhard-Pinhead routine of snowing them under with paper and procedure.

They are getting pressure from their extreme left wing base. Watch them become more and more ridiculous
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy