Author Topic: Center for Immigration Studies says Twitter is tagging the phrase ‘illegal alien’ as ‘hateful conten  (Read 311 times)

rangerrebew

Center for Immigration Studies says Twitter is tagging the phrase ‘illegal alien’ as ‘hateful content’

Posted at 7:14 pm on September 11, 2018 by Brett T.

Back in 2013, the Associated Press Style Guide proudly announced that it was no longer sanctioning the term “illegal immigrant” or the use of “illegal” to describe a person: “Except in direct quotations, do not use the terms illegal alien, an illegal, illegals or undocumented.”

And as far back as 2016, when she was running for Senate, Kamala Harris declared the term “illegal alien” offensive and that “we must stop treating undocumented workers as criminals in this country” — a pretty good sign of where her priorities stand when it comes to illegal immigrants vs. U.S. citizens.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018...teful-content/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I dumped my twitter account recently and haven't missed it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Newspeak:
Control the language, control what words are used, and eventually... you can control what people think.