Author Topic: Yes, Trump is a bull in a china shop...and the china shop needs to be wrecked  (Read 5857 times)

Online DB

Re: Yes, Trump is a bull in a china shop...and the china shop needs to be wrecked
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 08:59:35 am »
Quote from: INVAR on September 12, 2018, 02:03:52 AM
No, most posters here do not support fanatical "kiss the ground Trump walks on" slavish imbecility that you display every single time you post on this board.

You would obviously be much more comfortable at TOS and the other two joints you spam with regularity than among 'most of the posters on here'.

That would be due the fact we are principled Conservatives.  Not obsessed-addled True Believer Groupies in a cult of personality.
--------------------
It's not "Trump", it's "TRUMP", you heathen.

Legal American writes;  Well, you have that correct. TRUMP.

Why should I tear down the president?  Pile on, like he gets from LEFT, LYING MEDIA FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT,,24/7.  I will not do that, to my country.  Will not do that to my president. I will not SUPPORT DEEP STATE. I have to wonder whose side you are on.  Not Americas.  So much jealousy from men on here or women, who Trump in his single days, would not pick. He is a great president. Just the facts.  Why be so hateful, to America?

You have to be smarter then deep state. I see, you are not, you fall right in line and do their bidding. This is about YOU,
 not my president TRUMP.  JEALOUSY is very unbecoming. Try to control, that "value", "virtue".   :pop41:

I'm not jealous of Trump and neither is @INVAR. I wouldn't want his life. Not even for a day. I doubt he's ever known the love of a true life partner in a wife. He's alone. He buys his trophies wives as some sort of validation of his success/power. He bashes other men for having lesser beauties. When the shine starts to age he gets a new one. There isn't one he hasn't cheated on.

I only pity him. A shallow unfulfilled life empty of the most important thing in life. True life long selfless commitment and Love. Something that can't be bought.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Yes, Trump is a bull in a china shop...and the china shop needs to be wrecked
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 10:34:07 am »
I'm not jealous of Trump and neither is @INVAR. I wouldn't want his life. Not even for a day. I doubt he's ever known the love of a true life partner in a wife. He's alone. He buys his trophies wives as some sort of validation of his success/power. He bashes other men for having lesser beauties. When the shine starts to age he gets a new one. There isn't one he hasn't cheated on.

I only pity him. A shallow unfulfilled life empty of the most important thing in life. True life long selfless commitment and Love. Something that can't be bought.

88finger point

The Hell it can't. I've been outbid more than once.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 11:19:35 am »

Agreed.  Except I don't pity him.  I just don't care one way or the other.  Seems to me money has not bought him any happiness.  And that lack of happiness is his own doing.  He has become this hateful,  jealous, bitter, mean-spirited person, completely devoid of love for anyone -- not just his wives, but his children too.  I'm actually happy to be poor by comparison.  I have the love of family and friends and I can love and trust them in return.  I don't have to worry about any of them trying to grab my money because there isn't much money for them to take. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 01:40:44 pm »
I only pity him. A shallow unfulfilled life empty of the most important thing in life.

Hmmm... what do you think is missing from the President's life @DB

Offline Concerned

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2018, 01:50:05 pm »

I don't understand this unproven assertion that people are jealous of Donald Trump.  I wouldn't trade my life for his for anything.  Anything.  His values certainly appear to be totally and completely different than mine.  I've been married to the same wonderful woman for 34 years.  I wouldn't trade that partnership for anything.  I have all the wealth that I need or want.  I'm relatively healthy.  Why someone might think I'm jealous of someone like Donald Trump is completely perplexing to me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2018, 01:50:09 pm »
So you decided the sword would clear your scabbard and not remained sheathed eh? 

A sheathed sword does not mean I will not correct you @INVAR   -- especially when you beg for it.

Besides, in rejecting my offer you ejected yourself from the sacred high ground and now wallow in the mud.  I hope some day you tell us about your rapturous welcome home. 

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2018, 01:55:07 pm »
Hmmm... what do you think is missing from the President's life @DB

Love of anything more than self.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2018, 03:59:59 pm »
A sheathed sword does not mean I will not correct you @INVAR   -- especially when you beg for it.

Besides, in rejecting my offer you ejected yourself from the sacred high ground and now wallow in the mud.

I never 'accepted' your offer.  You never made one.   You simply made a statement that you were sheathing your sword because you stated that the combat was unhelpful to your party.

I knew it was either a ruse or you couldn't keep yourself from slugging away in the mud with the rest of us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2018, 05:58:01 pm »

88finger point

The Hell it can't. I've been outbid more than once.

Then it wasn't selfless love was it. You dodged a bullet.

Online DB

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2018, 06:03:52 pm »
I don't understand this unproven assertion that people are jealous of Donald Trump.  I wouldn't trade my life for his for anything.  Anything.  His values certainly appear to be totally and completely different than mine.  I've been married to the same wonderful woman for 34 years.  I wouldn't trade that partnership for anything.  I have all the wealth that I need or want.  I'm relatively healthy.  Why someone might think I'm jealous of someone like Donald Trump is completely perplexing to me.

Only shallow people that are devoid of selfless love in their life make that claim. They don't understand it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2018, 06:16:52 pm »
Only shallow people that are devoid of selfless love in their life make that claim. They don't understand it.

Nope!  @DB

You're apparently the one that doesn't "...understand it".

Entrepreneurs breathe different air that than the average Joe. 

They make a living not only making the blueprints a physical reality, but they also the staff, management, menus and maintain the curb appeal.

...all in a very hostile regulatory environment.

The essence of Donald Trump is that he loves to be the hero.  He's in his wheelhouse now.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2018, 06:30:02 pm »
Nope!  @DB

They make a living not only making the blueprints a physical reality, but they also the staff, management, menus and maintain the curb appeal.

The essence of Donald Trump is that he loves to be the hero.  He's in his wheelhouse now.

You might want to review the context of that statement...

I was responding to "I don't understand this unproven assertion that people are jealous of Donald Trump." and those people who make the assertion that some of us are jealous of Donald Trump.

We are not.

Entrepreneurs breath the same air. Not all entrepreneurs have empty personal lives. Commitment and selfless love doesn't have to be traded in for entrepreneurship. Narcissism and entrepreneurship don't have to go hand in hand as you claim.

I co-founded a bay area tech company that has been in business more than 28 years.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2018, 07:02:08 pm »
You might want to review the context of that statement...

I was responding to "I don't understand this unproven assertion that people are jealous of Donald Trump." and those people who make the assertion that some of us are jealous of Donald Trump.

We are not.

Entrepreneurs breath the same air. Not all entrepreneurs have empty personal lives. Commitment and selfless love doesn't have to be traded in for entrepreneurship. Narcissism and entrepreneurship don't have to go hand in hand as you claim.

I co-founded a bay area tech company that has been in business more than 28 years.

FACT. Same here. For my whole family, btw. My kids are the first in my family, as far back as I can go, that have actual jobs and work for someone. All the rest of us have been owners, all the way along. Entrepreneurship is not rarified air in my America. It is the most common thing there is. Friends and family, all.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2018, 07:22:52 pm »

@DB @INVAR @Concerned @Applewood

There is not one single thing in Donald Trump's life to be jealous about.

I echo what the rest of you have said.  His life is empty and mine is full.  His life is shallow and mine is deeply rich.

I would rather be almost anyone else, other than Melania, Ivana, and the countless women he has left at the side of the road, for whom I feel even greater pity.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:23:26 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2018, 07:35:04 pm »
That's right @musiclady , and more so...

I would never ever trade the majesty of these mountains for 5th Avenue.
Nor this simple cabin for his gaudy penthouse.
Nor my Carhartts for Armani.
Nor my Justins for Guccis
Nor my jacked-up ol chevy for the longest limo you can find...
Nor trade hunting and fishing for golf...

There is a cultural difference here that I just can't suss out...
I QUITE LITERALLY scoff at everything they think I should be jealous of.
Really.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2018, 07:38:42 pm »
If somebody dropped a few million in my pocket, I would very likely go buy a big ol chunk of land, and some livestock... My truck might get a little higher, and there might be a four-wheeler and a snow machine, and a gun or two... but my life would change very little otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:39:17 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2018, 09:13:39 pm »
That's right @musiclady , and more so...

I would never ever trade the majesty of these mountains for 5th Avenue.
Nor this simple cabin for his gaudy penthouse.
Nor my Carhartts for Armani.
Nor my Justins for Guccis
Nor my jacked-up ol chevy for the longest limo you can find...
Nor trade hunting and fishing for golf...

There is a cultural difference here that I just can't suss out...
I QUITE LITERALLY scoff at everything they think I should be jealous of.
Really.

Well, I'm between you and those glorious mountains, @roamer_1 , but I certainly understand what you're saying.

Normal home in beautiful woods.  Hard work putting in our own lawn, planting and tending the flowers, raking leaves and going for long walks alone.  Privacy.  Peace.  And enough money to be comfortable and travel to see my kids who also live very happy lives.

(And absolutely no need to smear every single person who has said anything bad about me in twitter rages).

I repeat........... there is NOTHING in Donald Trump's life for us to be jealous of.  NOTHING.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:15:52 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2018, 11:49:25 pm »
His life is empty and mine is full.  His life is shallow and mine is deeply rich. 

I'll trust your life is "deeply rich",  as is Trump's.  Your lives are playing out differently but, to paraphrase Charles Krauthhammer: each of you is living the life you intended -- filled with the people, challenges and accomplishments you've desired. 

The one notable difference between you and Donald Trump is he is not sitting in judgment of you --- which makes him a more likeable, respectable and Christian soul.

@musiclady

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2018, 12:54:43 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
@DCPatriot

I'll trust your life is "deeply rich",  as is Trump's.  Your lives are playing out differently but, to paraphrase Charles Krauthhammer: each of you is living the life you intended -- filled with the people, challenges and accomplishments you've desired. 

The one notable difference between you and Donald Trump is he is not sitting in judgment of you --- which makes him a more likeable, respectable and Christian soul.

@musiclady

:thumbsup:

Nope!  @DB

:thumbsup:

“Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic.”

Jean Sibelius
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:56:10 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2018, 01:45:04 am »

@musiclady

The fact that he has made himself a public figure, and pointedly a governmental one, opens him to all criticism. And I will certainly disagree with you @Right_in_Virginia . That he is anywhere near @musiclady in likability, respectability, or Christian charity is a laughable and foregone conclusion, to be rejected out of hand with nothing more than an hearty guffaw.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2018, 01:52:06 am »

This President may not be sitting in judgment of @musiclady but he sits in judgment of people all the time and when he sits in judgment of them, it's often by giving them childish nicknames and personally attacking them.  The childishness and personal attacks are nothing I'll ever condone from anyone, but of course, that's just me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online corbe

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2018, 02:02:05 am »
  I see @LegalAmerican is still painting her Masterpiece by slandering Breifers again

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2018, 02:16:51 am »
I guess I  missed most of this conversation, but as far as wanting to be Donald Trump, why would I want  to be a 99% jackass instead of the 50% one I am now? And I get the feeling my wife would probably dispute the non-50% jackass part of me.  22222frying pan

Online DB

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2018, 02:20:56 am »
So I guess Trump being a bull in the china shop theory is much like the broken window theory... Both sound good on its face but are actually destructive overall to the claimed end goal...