Author Topic: Rush: Tennis Through the Prism of Politics  (Read 432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Tennis Through the Prism of Politics
« on: September 10, 2018, 06:58:02 pm »

Tennis Through the Prism of Politics

Sep 10, 2018

RUSH: So I have here a story from the Daily Telegraph in the U.K.: “Climate Horror Exposed as Swiss Millionaire Loses Evening at Tennis Game.” This is actually a story where the New York Times is being made fun of.

The Daily Telegraph: “According to the New York Times, Australia’s John Millman did not defeat Roger Federer at the U.S. Open. Instead, Federer was beaten by climate change: Federer, who is ranked No. 2, seemed to struggle all night in the heat and humidity at Arthur Ashe Stadium, losing in a fourth-round upset to John Millman, an Australian ranked 55th. ‘It was hot,’ Federer said. It ‘was just one of those nights where I guess I felt I couldn’t get air; there was no circulation at all …’

“To some, the comments by Federer, 37, may sound like sour grapes. But they also underscore a growing problem: increasing nighttime temperatures. Under climate change, overall temperatures are rising — 2018 is on track to be the fourth-warmest year on record — but the warming is not happening evenly.”

I’m not making this up! The New York Times actually blamed climate change for Federer’s defeat. See, Federer is part of the tennis elite. And the tennis elite is the same as the Washington/New York media corridor elite, the same as the Washington establishment elite. And these challengers are a bunch of upstart outsiders who are just there to provide opposition, much like the Washington Generals did versus the Harlem Globetrotters. And now their heroes are losing, and they can’t handle it.

Now, this business with Serena Williams, I’m not making this up. The comparisons between Serena Williams and Hillary Clinton and Naomi Osaka and Donald Trump are just stunning if you stop to think about it and if you know what happened.

I don’t know how many of you paid any attention to what happened in the U.S. Open, but Serena Williams melted down. She got swamped. She lost in two sets. She was never in the match. She got skunked by a 20-year-old upstart who, interestingly, is also a minority female. She’s Japanese, spent some time growing up in America, but her heroine her whole life has been Serena Williams and her dream was to play in the U.S. Open finals against Serena Williams.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/09/10/tennis-through-the-prism-of-politics/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34