Author Topic: SCIENTISTS WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT 98.6 DEGREES IS NOT REALLY ‘NORMAL’ BODY TEMPERATURE  (Read 911 times)

Offline endicom

Daily Caller
Evie Fordham
Sept. 9, 2018

Scientists want the world to change how it thinks about fevers, starting with the idea that 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit is normal body temperature, and an August study used an iPhone app to gain a better understanding of fevers and the immune system.

Average normal body temperature is actually 97.7 degrees Fahrenheit, according to a study in the Journal of General Internal Medicine published in August. Researchers used “smartphone crowdsourcing” through an app they made called Feverprints to get more than 11,000 temperature readings for the study, reported Wired.

More than 320 healthy adults used oral thermometers connected to the app for the study, which emphasized that normal body temperature varies among individuals and even depends on time of day.

More... http://dailycaller.com/2018/09/09/normal-body-temperature-fever/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
According to the VA my normal average body temp is 97.x. This is why I do great in the desert. Heat doesn't bother me. Even crazy absurd heat. Some people thought I was a space alien. But naturally and logically cold weather is hard for me to bear. What you all may feel as 'comfortable' would freeze me out.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
97.7 degrees is my body temp..if I go up to 98.6 I feel feverish...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

97.7 degrees is my body temp..if I go up to 98.6 I feel feverish...

Then no one can say you're not normal.

Online roamer_1

According to the VA my normal average body temp is 97.x. This is why I do great in the desert. Heat doesn't bother me. Even crazy absurd heat. Some people thought I was a space alien. But naturally and logically cold weather is hard for me to bear. What you all may feel as 'comfortable' would freeze me out.

See, now I am the other way around. I average colder than everyone.... to include somewhere around 94 degrees when sleeping and for about an hour after I wake up... That's hypothermic for everybody else... I do alright up to about 100 degrees outside, but above that, and I am spending the day in the water... on the other side of things, 35 is tshirt weather, and down to zero, I am likely to only have a quilt lined flannel for a coat.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Keith is not amused.

"Hey, ninety seven point seven, it's good to have you back again. oh",

Just doesn't work at all. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

I've always said I catch a chill when it drops under 80 degrees.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've always said I catch a chill when it drops under 80 degrees.

Me too man. It is weird though. It is like my body acclimates to the season. I don't control it. But for some weird reason that I cannot explain, when it is 40 degrees outside I feel cold inside, even if the thermostat says the temperature is 78 or 80, I still feel cold. It is like I can feel the temperature outside, even thought there is no way I can, I still can. Summer is no problem for me. But when it gets cold I can feel it in my bones.

Me and cold do not get along with each other. I need to live where it is hot most of the time. That is my environment. That is where I belong.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

See, now I am the other way around. I average colder than everyone.... to include somewhere around 94 degrees when sleeping and for about an hour after I wake up... That's hypothermic for everybody else... I do alright up to about 100 degrees outside, but above that, and I am spending the day in the water... on the other side of things, 35 is tshirt weather, and down to zero, I am likely to only have a quilt lined flannel for a coat.

If, IF, it gets down to 35 outside I'm wearing a couple layers.  But that's only because I don't like to use the heat.  I can survive a couple of days with just sweats and extra blankets as long as it stays in the mid 60's inside.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

If, IF, it gets down to 35 outside I'm wearing a couple layers.  But that's only because I don't like to use the heat.  I can survive a couple of days with just sweats and extra blankets as long as it stays in the mid 60's inside.

When its twenty-something below outside in the middle of winter, with 2 or 3 ft of snow on the ground, Sixty feels like summer. I don;t have your problem - I mostly burn wood, and there is a plenty. I just acclimatize to the outdoors, and anything over 60's smokes me out.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

When its twenty-something below outside in the middle of winter, with 2 or 3 ft of snow on the ground, Sixty feels like summer. I don;t have your problem - I mostly burn wood, and there is a plenty. I just acclimatize to the outdoors, and anything over 60's smokes me out.

Don't think I've ever seen 20 below.  I've seen 15 below, but frankly anything worse than about 5 below -- it just doesn't matter, my eyelashes are frozen, and oh the pucker factor. Now I live where the average high temp in January is 70.  Chilly, but I can live with it once I've gotten used to the cold.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

Don't think I've ever seen 20 below.  I've seen 15 below, but frankly anything worse than about 5 below -- it just doesn't matter, my eyelashes are frozen, and oh the pucker factor. Now I live where the average high temp in January is 70.  Chilly, but I can live with it once I've gotten used to the cold.

LOL!... Sorry, not for me. And I am pretty arthritic too... But like a Malamute, I am made for winter... Wouldn't know what to do without one.

I can't even begin to tell you the glory of these mountains, hushed with snow... Snowshoeing in, and pulling a polk, up to some forgotten mountain lake... The sheer bliss of a hot tent after a day ice fishing below zero... I wouldn't trade that for anything!