Author Topic: The FBI gets egg all over its face in Maria Butina 'red sparrow' claim  (Read 692 times)

Offline endicom

American Thinker
Monica Showalter
Sept. 9, 2018

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and its affiliated prosecutors admitted a rather dumb error in its prosecutorial case against accused Russian agent of influence Maria Butina:

According to CBS News:

Federal prosecutors said Friday in a court filing that alleged Russian agent Maria Butina should not be released from jail on bond -- and also that the government was "mistaken" in its understanding of text messages that led to its claim that she offered sex for "a position with a special interest organization."

A bond hearing is scheduled for Monday.

The Justice Department alleges that Butina acted as an unregistered Russian agent for several years, working with a "senior Russian government official" to infiltrate a "U.S. gun rights organization" and other conservative groups. A grand jury indicted Butina in July, and she has been detained since then.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/the_fbi_gets_egg_all_over_its_face_in_maria_butina_red_sparrow_claim.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The FBI gets egg all over its face in Maria Butina 'red sparrow' claim
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 02:24:18 pm »
American Thinker
Monica Showalter
Sept. 9, 2018

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and its affiliated prosecutors admitted a rather dumb error in its prosecutorial case against accused Russian agent of influence Maria Butina:

According to CBS News:

Federal prosecutors said Friday in a court filing that alleged Russian agent Maria Butina should not be released from jail on bond -- and also that the government was "mistaken" in its understanding of text messages that led to its claim that she offered sex for "a position with a special interest organization."

A bond hearing is scheduled for Monday.

The Justice Department alleges that Butina acted as an unregistered Russian agent for several years, working with a "senior Russian government official" to infiltrate a "U.S. gun rights organization" and other conservative groups. A grand jury indicted Butina in July, and she has been detained since then.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/the_fbi_gets_egg_all_over_its_face_in_maria_butina_red_sparrow_claim.html

This is just one example of why I refer to them as "The Feebs".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 02:28:07 pm »
Looks to me that the FBI has more egg on it's face than skin these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 03:05:11 pm »
0bama's administration, while vile and despicable, was also run by radicals who may have been good at being radicals, they weren't very good at running a government.  But, malice combined with incompetence can do a lot of damage.