Author Topic: Congressional candidate vows to stay in race while jailed  (Read 1080 times)

Offline corbe

Congressional candidate vows to stay in race while jailed
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:11:48 am »
Congressional candidate vows to stay in race while jailed

By The Associated Press 
September 6, 2018 1:38 pm

FILE - This Aug. 6, 2018, file photo released by the Whitfield County Sheriff's Office shows Steven Lamar Foster, Democratic candidate for Congress in Georgia's 14th District.

A congressional candidate from Georgia says he’s ordering campaign signs and sending surrogates to meetings while he serves a jail sentence that could keep him locked up through Election Day.

Democrat Steve Foster of Dalton said in a jailhouse phone call to The Associated Press he has no intention to quit the race after a judge sentenced him Aug. 14 to spend six months in jail for a misdemeanor drunken driving conviction. The Nov. 6 election is just two months away.

“Look, I’m not withdrawing,” Foster said by phone Wednesday from the Catoosa County jail near the Georgia-Tennessee state line.

<..snip..>

https://wtop.com/national/2018/09/congressional-candidate-vows-to-stay-in-race-while-jailed/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Congressional candidate vows to stay in race while jailed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:43:17 pm »
I am no fan of Dims,but doesn't 6 months active jail time for a 1st offense of drunk driving seem excessive? I could see it if it had been his 2nd or 3rd time within a few years,or if there had been an accident that involved death or injuries,but this seems political.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!