Author Topic: Ex-Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison  (Read 723 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:52:39 pm »
Politics
September 7, 2018 / 8:06 AM / Updated 10 minutes ago
Ex-Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison

1 Min Read

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Friday sentenced President Donald Trump’s former campaign aide George Papadopoulos to 14 days in prison for lying to the FBI during its investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Papadopoulos pleaded guilty in October 2017 to lying to FBI agents about the timing and significance of his contacts with Russians, including a professor who told him the Russians had “dirt” on Trump’s Democratic presidential rival Hillary Clinton.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-papadopoulos/ex-trump-campaign-aide-papadopoulos-sentenced-to-14-days-in-prison-idUSKCN1LN1OG
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Ex-Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 10:34:55 pm »
Oh my.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 10:47:53 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/politics/george-papadopoulos-sentencing-hearing/index.html

Papadopoulos' defense attorney, Thomas Breen, pointed fingers at President Donald Trump.

"The President of the United States hindered this investigation more than George Papadopoulos ever did," Breen said.

Breen told a rapt courtroom that Papadopoulos has already faced his penalty over the past year, and realized he needed to disavow the Trump administration in favor of the truth.

"The message is for all of us to check our loyalty, to tell the truth, to help the good guys," Breen said. He recalled how he and attorney Robert Stanley and Papadopoulos visited the FBI office in Chicago months ago and noticed the photos of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Trump hanging on the lobby wall.
"We were going in there to cooperate potentially against those two individuals," he said.

With the sentence, the young man whom Trump administration officials called a "coffee boy" and whose family members have argued is caught in a spy conspiracy will become the first Trump campaign affiliate to have his criminal case reach its completion in the court system.

hind·er1 ˈhindər/
verb
past tense: hindered; past participle: hindered

create difficulties for (someone or something), resulting in delay or obstruction.
    "various family stalemates were hindering communication"
    synonyms:   hamper, obstruct, impede, inhibit, retard, balk, prevent, thwart, foil, curb, delay, arrest, interfere with, set back, slow down, hobble, hold back, hold up, stop, halt;
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:51:09 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:53:01 pm »
Special Counsel Robert Mueller is really rack'n and stack'n those criminals deep in the #meintheassfederalprisions.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:57:51 pm »
14 days?  What an odd sentence.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 10:58:53 pm »
14 days?  What an odd sentence.

I don't know.  I got 13 days for malingering with intent one time.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 11:03:21 pm »
Special Counsel Robert Mueller is really rack'n and stack'n those criminals deep in the #meintheassfederalprisions.

There hasn't been this much excitement in the federal law enforcement community since Hoover took out Dillinger.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 11:44:23 pm »
I don't know.  I got 13 days for malingering with intent one time.

Intentional malingering? 

Online Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 11:46:48 pm »
Intentional malingering?

"Intentional"  wasn't proven.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:47:31 pm by The Ghost »