Author Topic: Company starts up Permian crude oil-by-rail terminal  (Read 1173 times)

Offline thackney

Company starts up Permian crude oil-by-rail terminal
« on: September 05, 2018, 12:34:04 pm »
Company starts up Permian crude oil-by-rail terminal
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Company-starts-up-Permian-crude-oil-by-rail-13191827.php
 August 29, 2018

A crude oil transport company has signed an agreement to start rail shipments out of its West Texas facility.

Vista Proppants and Logistics of Fort Wort signed the deal with JupiterMLP to ship crude oil by train from Vista's Pecos loading facility.

The two companies plan to ship oil by rail through 2019 and possibly into 2020, depending upon the timing of pipeline construction. Vista said it plans to ship 400,000 barrels a month, roughly 13,000 barrels a day, from its Pecos facility.

Pipeline constraints have hampered the booming Permian Basin, and oil executives and other experts have predicted that capacity will run short for some time....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: Company starts up Permian crude oil-by-rail terminal
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 12:36:26 pm »
The Building Boom Continues as Another New Permian Basin Oil Pipeline Is Underway
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/09/04/the-building-boom-continues-as-another-new-permian.aspx
Sep 4, 2018

Oil pipeline capacity in the Permian Basin is quickly filling to the brim due to the region's fast-paced growth. That's after output rocketed a jaw-dropping 38% over the past year to more than 3.3 million barrels per day (BPD), which is closing in on the region's 3.6 million BPD of pipeline capacity. That looming shortage has caused drillers in the area to slow their pace until new pipelines come online toward the end of next year.

In addition to those pipelines already under construction, companies continue to pitch new projects to shippers in hopes of locking in the next wave of growth. The latest entry into this building boom is the proposed Permian Gulf Coast pipeline, which is a joint venture between Energy Transfer Partners (NYSE:ETP), Magellan Midstream Partners (NYSE:MMP), MPLX (NYSE:MPLX), and Delek US Holdings (NYSE:DK). The line could be in service as soon as mid-2020 if everything goes according to plan.

Drilling down into the latest project

Energy Transfer, MPLX, Magellan Midstream, and Delek made a joint announcement this week that they'd received enough commitments to proceed with the construction of a new 30-inch pipeline to move oil from the Permian to the Gulf Coast. The 600-mile line would transport oil from several points of origin in the Permian to Energy Transfer's Nederland, TX, terminal as well as Magellan's East Houston, TX, terminal, where crude could then reach its ultimate destination through their distribution systems....

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 12:37:37 pm »
West Texas oil is gushing but pipelines can't handle it
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/west-texas-oil-gushing-pipelines-cant-handle-124216651.html
August 27, 2018

Crude oil production in America is on fire. The U.S. has become the world’s largest crude oil producer, and exports have soared to new highs.

But the infrastructure — pipelines that transport fracked oil across the country — in one U.S. oil-rich region hasn’t been able to keep up with the production boom. As a result, producers like ConocoPhillips (COP) and Noble Energy (NBL) have had to adapt. The lack of pipelines in the Permian Basin (the western part of Texas and southeastern part of New Mexico) is forcing producers to relocate rigs and even put the brakes on production until more infrastructure is in place.

“We already hear anecdotally in conference calls of [producers] moving rigs out of the Permian to a place that doesn’t have these issues,” said Jennifer Rowland, a senior energy equity analyst at Edward Jones....

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:38:45 pm by thackney »

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 12:45:28 pm »
I wonder if the anti pipeline idiots have planned any protests against the pipelines under construction????

I bet there would be a "warm" reception for them......

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 01:01:08 pm »
I wonder if the anti pipeline idiots have planned any protests against the pipelines under construction????

I bet there would be a "warm" reception for them......

New Shin Oak pipeline going through about a mile from my house but It's NGL liquids not crude.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 01:22:52 pm »
New Shin Oak pipeline going through about a mile from my house but It's NGL liquids not crude.

Yep, headed this way.  Several of the NGL pipelines in the works.  Mont Belvieu is in a massive building phase to receive the additional Nat Gas liquids from the Permian and others.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 04:00:57 pm »
Lone Star put a 30" NGL line across my property a couple of years ago from Permian to Mt Belvieu.

It is now packed and I understand another may be laid.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 04:56:24 pm »
Midland, Odessa top U.S. for rent increases
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Midland-Odessa-top-U-S-for-rent-increases-13206518.php
September 5, 2018

...The two cities, which primarily serve the oil and gas industry in the Permian Basin, had the largest year-over-year changes in the nation, according to RENTCafe, an apartment search website. Midland's rent in August increased 31.9 percent over the previous year, while rent in Odessa increased 30 percent.

Average rent in Midland for August was $1,595 a month, while Odessa was $1,365 a month. The closest large city was Austin, with an average rent of $1,349....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 07:50:32 pm »
Rail:  The preferred method of transportation of oil by Environmentalists.  Choo-choo!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: