Author Topic: A Texas Lawsuit Being Heard This Week Could Mean Life Or Death For The ACA  (Read 771 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
kaiser health news
Sept 4, 2018

[excerpt]

https://khn.org/news/democratic-gop-attorneys-general-square-off-in-texas-showdown-over-health-law/

Wednesday is looking like yet another pivotal day in the life-or-death saga that has marked the history of the Affordable Care Act.

In a Texas courtroom, a group of Republican attorneys general, led by Texas’ Ken Paxton, are set to face off against a group of Democratic attorneys general, led by California’s Xavier Becerra, in a lawsuit aimed at striking down the federal health law. The Republicans say that when Congress eliminated the penalty for not having health insurance as part of last year’s tax bill, lawmakers rendered the entire health law unconstitutional. The Democrats argue that’s not the case.

But first, the sides will argue before U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth, Texas, whether the health law should be put on hold while the case is litigated. The GOP plaintiffs are seeking a “preliminary injunction” on the law.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: A Texas Lawsuit Being Heard This Week Could Mean Life Or Death For The ACA
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 08:59:40 pm »
Xavier Becerra.  I really dislike that pr(i)ck.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:33:50 pm »
Xavier Becerra.  I really dislike that pr(i)ck.

Yup.

Javier vs Ken Paxton: Greg Abbott's guy?

If the judge is gonna rule according to law instead of his 'principles' this Could well be the death blow the ACA needs.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 08:15:09 pm »
I'm glad to see my state is one of the plaintiffs. Hoping for a good outcome!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org