Author Topic: The Arctic Climate Has Now Stabilized – Ice Sheet, Glacier, Sea Ice Losses Are Decelerating, Reversi  (Read 411 times)

rangerrebew

The Arctic Climate Has Now Stabilized – Ice Sheet, Glacier, Sea Ice Losses Are Decelerating, Reversing

By Kenneth Richard on 3. September 2018

An accumulating collection of “headlines” taken from the 2018 scientific literature is indicating the Arctic region is no longer experiencing accelerated mass ice sheet/glacier loss, warming, or sea ice declines.

Image Source: Climate4you
I. Ice Sheet/Glacier Mass Loss Decelerating, Stabilizing
• “Notable Absence” Of Recent Acceleration In Ice Sheet Loss

Lemos et al., 2018
“We have presented a new, high temporal resolution record of ice velocity evolution for four important, high discharge marine-based glaciers in Greenland, updated to the present day (October 2014 to February 2017). … At J1 […], the average seasonal variability in ice speed was 400 m yr−1 during 2009–2011, increasing by more than a factor of 3, to 1400 m yr−1 between 2012 and 2013 and then diminishing to 750 m yr−1 between 2015 and 2017.”

http://notrickszone.com/2018/09/03/the-arctic-climate-has-now-stabilized-ice-sheet-glacier-sea-ice-losses-are-decelerating-reversing/

Offline dfwgator

On the recent Alaskan Cruise I took, all I heard the whole time was "Global Warming this...."  "Global Warming that....", because they were talking how much the glaciers had retreated.

Offline thackney

Did anyone ask how long they have been retreating?

Life is fragile, handle with prayer