Author Topic: Clapper: The walls are closing in on Trump  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clapper: The walls are closing in on Trump
« on: August 31, 2018, 07:51:18 pm »
Clapper: The walls are closing in on Trump
By Morgan Gstalter - 08/31/18 10:17 AM EDT

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper says President Trump is lashing out against special counsel Robert Mueller because of his rapidly rising legal pressure.

“The volume and the — to me — irrationality of some of the things he’s saying and his tweets at least tell me that the walls are kind of crashing in on him,” Clapper told CNN host Matt Berman on Friday.

Trump suffered major legal setbacks last week when two of his former confidants were found guilty or pleaded guilty to federal charges.

Trump's longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty in New York to bank and tax fraud and violating campaign finance law by arranging hush-money payments for two women, saying he did so in coordination with Trump and his presidential campaign. 

And Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was convicted by a federal jury in Virginia on eight counts of bank and tax fraud charges brought by Mueller’s team.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/404522-clapper-the-walls-are-closing-in-on-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

Re: Clapper: The walls are closing in on Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:53:55 pm »
I disagree that his tweeting has changed tone or frequency; seems like the usual early morning "no handlers around to stop me" stream of consciousness.

That said, now would be a perfect time for Trump to declassify the FISA applications and any other info related to this whole FBI/DOJ Russia "investigation".

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Clapper: The walls are closing in on Trump
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 07:56:18 pm »
Time for Clapper to shut his claptrap.  Hey when is Trump pulling his Secclear anyway....Monday?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.