Author Topic: Uber Driver Shoots Woman's Enraged Boyfriend In "Stand Your Ground" Mixup  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-30/uber-driver-shoots-womans-enraged-boyfriend-stand-your-ground-mixup

A Florida man with a lengthy criminal history was shot by an Uber driver in what the local sheriff called a "classic Stand Your Ground case" - a self-defense law which Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum opposes, and has called for Governor Rick Scott to suspend.

The deadly exchange began at a Winter Haven bar Tuesday morning around 2:20 a.m., when an intoxicated woman was helped into an Uber by another patron she didn't know.

Observing this from his Ford F-250 pickup truck was 34-year-old Jason Boek, now dead, who police believe mixed up his ex-girlfriend and the woman who got into the Uber - a Hyundai Elantra driven by 38-year-old Robert Westlake.

Westlake, a licensed security guard and concealed weapon permit holder who just graduated from the police academy, was armed.

In a dashcam video posted by the Polk Sheriff, Boek can be seen chasing down Westlake, try to run him off the road, and then threaten to shoot him after angrily charging towards Westlake.

Westlake grabbed his gun and fired a single shot, killing Boek.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is why you should always be armed.

Offline RoosGirl

You know how they say stupid should hurt?  It sure did in this case.  Guy should get a medal for removing another bleep from our state.

Offline Frank Cannon

You know how they say stupid should hurt?  It sure did in this case.  Guy should get a medal for removing another bleep from our state.

I amend my last comment. Instead of always being armed, just stay out of Florida.

Offline RoosGirl

"This is a justifiable homicide all day long," Sheriff Grady Judd stated at a news conference.

Offline Frank Cannon

"This is a justifiable homicide all day long," Sheriff Grady Judd stated at a news conference.

You are telling me it's open season on Meth Head violent criminals down there? Outrageous.

Offline RoosGirl

You are telling me it's open season on Meth Head violent criminals down there? Outrageous.

Since snook and red fish on the west coast are temporarily catch and release only we had to do something to attract tourists.

Offline Frank Cannon

Since snook and red fish on the west coast are temporarily catch and release only we had to do something to attract tourists.

I thought we were the only ones with Snook here in the NE?

Offline RoosGirl

I thought we were the only ones with Snook here in the NE?

Our Snook are much better looking, and don't have as much of a fishy taste or smell.

Offline Frank Cannon

Our Snook are much better looking, and don't have as much of a fishy taste or smell.

Well they both have a mouths that looks like they should have a hook in it...