Author Topic: New Poll Shows Almost No Daylight Between Ted Cruz And Beto O’Rourke; Abbott Up Big  (Read 13382 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
A new Emerson College poll of registered voters shows the gap between Republican Sen. Ted Cruz and his Democratic challenger, Rep. Robert “Beto” O’Rourke, has continued to diminish to just a single percentage point.

Cruz has 38 percent to O’Rourke’s 37 percent, while 21 percent of registered Texans remain undecided.

The good news for Cruz is Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is polling well ahead of Democrat Lupe Valdez with 48 percent to her 28 percent. Ticket splitting on election day isn’t common enough that Cruz couldn’t expect to get some benefit from Abbott on Election Day.

However, Ted Cruz continues to suffer in perceived favorability compared to Abbott, with independents being the key factor viewing him unfavorably at a whopping 57 percent while Abbott is only at 41 percent unfavorable with the same group. The governor also holds an overall 47 percent favorable to 33 percent unfavorable, while Cruz is underwater by 6 percent with 38 percent favorable to 44 percent unfavorable.

https://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2018/08/27/new-poll-shows-almost-no-daylight-ted-cruz-beto-orourke-abbott-big/

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It would be a horrible tragedy if this phony little crook were to depose Ted Cruz.

Note to Mods:  I noticed you moved a previous story about Ted and Beto to Texas.  This is a national story and very important. 

Offline libertybele

It would be a horrible tragedy if this phony little crook were to depose Ted Cruz.

Note to Mods:  I noticed you moved a previous story about Ted and Beto to Texas.  This is a national story and very important.

IMHO (and I don't live in TX) this is THE most important election in 2018...TX goes blue and I believe the rest of the country will follow.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

We need to kill this baby in the womb.  Beto will be a national candidate down the road if he wins in November.  We simply cannot allow that to happen.

I don't care if you think Cruz is Satan incarnate.   Beto must be defeated.

Offline libertybele

We need to kill this baby in the womb.  Beto will be a national candidate down the road if he wins in November.  We simply cannot allow that to happen.

I couldn't agree more.  I've been a Cruz supporter for sometime, but unfortunately, the guy is in trouble.  He won't get any support from his fellow GOP ... I thought he asked Trump for some help.  Looks like he's not going to get it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@dfwgator

How is this even possible? There is something about Cruz that just gives me the creeps,but the people in Texas seem to like him,and he has political history there. How can a newbie just come in and take it away from him?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I couldn't agree more.  I've been a Cruz supporter for sometime, but unfortunately, the guy is in trouble.  He won't get any support from his fellow GOP ...

@libertybele

How and why did this happen? Makes no real sense to me,other than the (most likely) very remote chance his supporters hold him running for President against him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

IMHO (and I don't live in TX) this is THE most important election in 2018...TX goes blue and I believe the rest of the country will follow.

Texas isn't going blue if Cruz loses. It looks like all the other GOP'ers are doing fine in the state. This is a full rejection of Cruz. Between his circus act Presidential run, embarrassing convention behavior, general do nothing record and playing basketball with Communist late night hosts he isn't really setting himself up for success here.

Rick Santorum Part II

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@dfwgator

How is this even possible? There is something about Cruz that just gives me the creeps,but the people in Texas seem to like him,and he has political history there. How can a newbie just come in and take it away from him?

I know people get tired of this reason/excuse but the Texas press has been on a full-court press against Ted Cruz for some reason.  They are afraid of him.  The Dallas Morning News sends me a highlight page every day hoping I'll subscribe and there's nearly always a negative story about Ted Cruz and a positive one about that nasty little pretender.

I don't think there's a chance Ted will lose but it shouldn't be this close.

Offline dfwgator

I know people get tired of this reason/excuse but the Texas press has been on a full-court press against Ted Cruz for some reason.  They are afraid of him.  The Dallas Morning News sends me a highlight page every day hoping I'll subscribe and there's nearly always a negative story about Ted Cruz and a positive one about that nasty little pretender.

I don't think there's a chance Ted will lose but it shouldn't be this close.

Texas is getting Californicated,  I'm seeing it with my own eyes.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Texas isn't going blue if Cruz loses. It looks like all the other GOP'ers are doing fine in the state. This is a full rejection of Cruz. Between his circus act Presidential run, embarrassing convention behavior, general do nothing record and playing basketball with Communist late night hosts he isn't really setting himself up for success here.

Rick Santorum Part II

@Frank Cannon
Total mischaracterization of Ted Cruz.  He is probably the most conservative politician in America.  His knowledge of law and the Constitution is encyclopedia.  He is a charming guy with absolutely no negatives.

Trump was horrible to him during the campaign but unlike Jeb Bush, the postman and others, Ted has not held a grudge but has been helpful to Trump in every way.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm not sure who votes in these 'polls' but I'm guessing many of the people who voted for Beto (the fake Mexican) are not eligible to vote.

Not sure Beto is eligible for office anyway.  He has a criminal record.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
Total mischaracterization of Ted Cruz.  He is probably the most conservative politician in America.  His knowledge of law and the Constitution is encyclopedia.  He is a charming guy with absolutely no negatives.

Trump was horrible to him during the campaign but unlike Jeb Bush, the postman and others, Ted has not held a grudge but has been helpful to Trump in every way.

That's all fine and good, but that is not how retail politics work in a local/state election. You want to know why Arlen Spector kept getting reelected in PA no matter what he did and Santorum got the boot after one term? Spector had some of the best district offices known to man so that when some old lady bitch about getting shorted on her SSI or some guy was pissed about too much moonlight coming in his bedroom window Arlen's people sent letters and got things done in one way or another. It's constituent outreach and it is the best way to stay elected.

Rick on the other hand didn't have that even though he talked a good game. Then he went out and involved himself with a woman in a coma in FL and voters were like WTF? We have our own problems in PA you are doing a shitty job managing. That looks like Ted right now. Abbott is every bit a Conservative that Cruz is, but he knows how to translate that to the public with deeds and results. Ted has a bucket of shit in one hand and a long winded lecture in the other. Both are totally worthless in getting reelected.

Can you tell me what the reason for sending back to the Senate is? He sure isn't telling anyone what it is.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

That's all fine and good, but that is not how retail politics work in a local/state election. You want to know why Arlen Spector kept getting reelected in PA no matter what he did and Santorum got the boot after one term? Spector had some of the best district offices known to man so that when some old lady bitch about getting shorted on her SSI or some guy was pissed about too much moonlight coming in his bedroom window Arlen's people sent letters and got things done in one way or another. It's constituent outreach and it is the best way to stay elected.

Rick on the other hand didn't have that even though he talked a good game. Then he went out and involved himself with a woman in a coma in FL and voters were like WTF? We have our own problems in PA you are doing a shitty job managing. That looks like Ted right now. Abbott is every bit a Conservative that Cruz is, but he knows how to translate that to the public with deeds and results. Ted has a bucket of shit in one hand and a long winded lecture in the other. Both are totally worthless in getting reelected.

Can you tell me what the reason for sending back to the Senate is? He sure isn't telling anyone what it is.

Can you tell me what the reason for not kicking PA the f out of the US is?  Seems to me a bucket of stuff in one hand and a long winded lecture in the other. Both are totally worthless.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Rick Santorum Part II

Oh come on Frank.  Talk about a circus your boy Trump manufactured a story for the Enquirer about Ted and women.  He was the one paying hush money to the whores he had.  Then more circus acts he paints Teds father as involved in JFK assassination.  That's pretty embarrassing behavior.  He and his Pecker friend had some good circus acts.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Stop making a fool of yourself over this.  Ted has been an outstanding Senator for Texas.  Beto was afraid to debate him because he would have made a lot of taco meat out of Beto.

It's one thing to have some kind of personal grudge against Ted Cruz but it's quite another thing to let it turn you into an idiot.

Offline Frank Cannon

Stop making a fool of yourself over this.  Ted has been an outstanding Senator for Texas.  Beto was afraid to debate him because he would have made a lot of taco meat out of Beto.

It's one thing to have some kind of personal grudge against Ted Cruz but it's quite another thing to let it turn you into an idiot.

I'm calling a spade a spade. I have worked in state campaigns before and Teds has all the earmarks of trouble and he isn't doing a damn thing about it. Just today one of the Texas people here who is active in the party told us that Ted is making folks BUY yard signs. You are living is dream land if you think some politician who looks like a stiff on the stump and gives long winded Constitutional lectures with no tangible achievements under his belt is looking strong no matter how red the state is.

Offline corbe

There is NO Political Machine in Texas stronger than the GOP and Ted kicked their azz in 2012.  In spite of having John Cornyn in his corner this time, he'll still kick azz.  In the interim the national dems are wasting so much money here on their wet dream beto, just like Davis before.    Texas may not still be crimson red but pink will have to do.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

There is NO Political Machine in Texas stronger than the GOP and Ted kicked their azz in 2012.  In spite of having John Cornyn in his corner this time, he'll still kick azz.  In the interim the national dems are wasting so much money here on their wet dream beto, just like Davis before.    Texas may not still be crimson red but pink will have to do.

I'm not seeing it. Teds best shot now is to ride the Abbott wave and hope most of his voters are straight ticket folks.

Offline corbe

When he ran in 2012 you pretty much had to donate to get a yard sign.  Bumper Stickers were free. 
   All that money he's saving can be transferred to his 'Hindsight is 2020' Campaign, so it's a win~win.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I couldn't agree more.  I've been a Cruz supporter for sometime, but unfortunately, the guy is in trouble.  He won't get any support from his fellow GOP ... I thought he asked Trump for some help.  Looks like he's not going to get it.

Actually @libertybele  what Cruz said to the cameras that got so much attention was "we'd love for the President to visit Texas".

If Cruz wants help from the President I think it's incumbent on someone from his team to call the Trump team and start working out the specifics ... date, time, venue.  If Cruz feels he needs the  help, I'm sure he'll talk with his crew about making this happen.  I would suggest the sooner, the better.  As you know, campaign events with the President are booking fast.

If Cruz doesn't want or need the President's help, Cruz's team will not make the call.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There is NO Political Machine in Texas stronger than the GOP and Ted kicked their azz in 2012.  In spite of having John Cornyn in his corner this time, he'll still kick azz. 

If I remember correctly, Cruz also had Palin campaigning with/for him.  Is she helping now?

Offline Frank Cannon

When he ran in 2012 you pretty much had to donate to get a yard sign.  Bumper Stickers were free. 
   All that money he's saving can be transferred to his 'Hindsight is 2020' Campaign, so it's a win~win.

Oh. So he is saving up his war chest to make another Quixotic run in 2020......as an ex Senator. Where have I heard that plan before?

Offline Suppressed

Beto was afraid to debate him because he would have made a lot of taco meat out of Beto.
@Emjay

You don't turn down a debate invite if you're far behind.  You turn it down when you've got a good chance of winning and don't want to take the chance of blowing it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn