Author Topic: This Bride Canceled Her Wedding After Guests Refused to Give Thousands of Dollars to Help Fund It  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
This Bride Canceled Her Wedding After Guests Refused to Give Thousands of Dollars to Help Fund It

Madison Feller
Elle
August 27, 2018

Okay everyone, buckle up, because this might be the most insane wedding story you'll hear this year. On Saturday, one Twitter user, @0lspicykeychain, tweeted screenshots of a status she saw shared in a wedding shaming group on Facebook. (To clarify, a wedding shaming Facebook group is exactly what it sounds like—a place on the internet where people go to shame weddings.) What follows is a truly incredible tale filled with broken promises, outrageous expectations, and a bride who thought asking each of her guests to contribute $1,500 to her wedding was a reasonable request: ...

In the status, the anonymous woman shares that she and her partner broke up due to "recent and irreparable problems." She then goes onto explain how the two met at age 14, fell in love, got engaged at 18 (with a $5,000 ring), and had a child together in their early 20s. They then saved up about $15,000 for their dream wedding but quickly discovered that their actual dream wedding would cost about $60,000. "All we asked was for a little help from our friends and family to make it happen," she wrote...

More

Offline Frank Cannon

Millennials. Aren't they great.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They then saved up about $15,000 for their dream wedding but quickly discovered that their actual dream wedding would cost about $60,000. "All we asked was for a little help from our friends and family to make it happen," she wrote...

Most people don't consider $45K 'a little help.'
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

The Wedding Industry is a scam.  Basically they've convinced people that if they don't spend $50K on a wedding, they suck.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

They have Sanguine to sing their praises. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

The Groom dodged a bullet.  Run away....far far away.

Offline LadyLiberty

I feel so sorry for her kid.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They have Sanguine to sing their praises.

Don't be a twit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I feel so sorry for her kid.

One thing I have noticed in the past 20-30 years is how innovative people have become in grifting.  It's become an art.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

I won't post what she was asking for, because it has a nice 4-letter C-word in all-caps, but feel free to click to see crazy:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlfdZgEWwAAZhP_.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dlffr7tXsAAXh-q.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dlfg06CVAAA1rwB.jpg
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Groom dodged a bullet.  Run away....far far away.

He may not know it now, but the Groom is the luckiest guy alive. Had they married, based on her behavior, they would be divorced within 6 months. Because, 'He didn't put the seat down.'
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

@Hopalong Ginsberg
Napl

Heard about it, and said exactly what dfwgator said. ;)