Author Topic: Don’t Just Impeach Trump. Annul His Presidency  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Don’t Just Impeach Trump. Annul His Presidency
« on: August 25, 2018, 04:16:56 pm »
Don’t Just Impeach Trump. Annul His Presidency
RobertReich.org, Aug 24, 2018, Robert Reich

[...]

Suppose, just suppose, Robert Mueller finds overwhelming and indisputable evidence that Trump conspired with Putin to rig the 2016 election, and the rigging determined the election’s outcome.

In other words, Trump’s presidency is not authorized under the United States Constitution.

Suppose these findings are so compelling that even Trump loyalists desert him, the Republican Party decides it has had enough, and Fox News calls for his impeachment.

What then? Impeachment isn’t enough.

Impeachment would remedy Trump’s “high crimes and misdemeanors.” But impeachment would not remedy Trump’s unconstitutional presidency because it would leave in place his vice president, White House staff and Cabinet, as well as all the executive orders he issued and all the legislation he signed, and the official record of his presidency.

The only response to an unconstitutional presidency is to annul it. Annulment would repeal all of an unconstitutional president’s appointments and executive actions, and would eliminate the official record of the presidency.  Annulment would recognize that all such appointments, actions, and records were made without constitutional authority.

More:  http://robertreich.org/post/177349093095

Offline skeeter

Re: Don’t Just Impeach Trump. Annul His Presidency
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:20:15 pm »
I was wondering when the Lollipop Guild would weigh in.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 04:27:48 pm »
I meant to add for those not inclined to visit his website:  He begins by saying we're stuck with the President until 2020 .... and then presents his "thesis" ... which I've posted. Erase all signs of President Trump AND in the process, his supporters.

The size and scope of the political earthquake we caused in 2016 continues to unfold.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 05:25:48 pm »
    It's easy to declare that everyone stand up to somebody when you're 4'11".  /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »
What Reich really wants is to imprison or kill anyone who voted for Trump.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 05:44:15 pm »
Suppose, just suppose, Robert Mueller finds overwhelming and indisputable evidence that Trump conspired with Putin to rig the 2016 election, and the rigging determined the election’s outcome.

Suppose, just suppose, The DoJ finds overwhelming and indisputable evidence that Hillary Clinton conspired with Fusion GPS to pay for the Steele dossier, and rig the 2016 election, and the rigging determined the election’s outcome.

Either both would be guilty, or neither would be guilty, right?

If you're going to apply a standard, at least apply it across the board.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:47:59 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 05:45:58 pm »

Suppose, just suppose, that monkeys can fly out of my butt.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 05:52:06 pm »
I was wondering when the Lollipop Guild would weigh in.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 05:54:20 pm »

"Buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, cause Kansas is going bye-bye!"

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 05:58:38 pm »
You know, the rabid Left often impels me to consider taking up for Trump...

...but then either the rabid ForeverTrumps® or Trump himself, quickly and vociferously totally erase the thought and instead galvanize me to absolute indifference or hostile antagonism.

I'm at the place where I often say to myself - 'screw it' - all of it sucks: politics and DC and both parties needs to destroy themselves and be burnt to ash.  Politics is become like smallpox in this country.  The corruption and malfeasance is a plague, contagious and deadly infecting everything it touches and it all simply needs to be set alight and burned in order to eradicate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 12:29:18 am »

...but then either the rabid ForeverTrumps® or Trump himself, quickly and vociferously totally erase the thought and instead galvanize me to absolute indifference or hostile antagonism.

I'm at the place where I often say to myself - 'screw it' - all of it sucks: politics and DC and both parties needs to destroy themselves and be burnt to ash.  Politics is become like smallpox in this country.  The corruption and malfeasance is a plague, contagious and deadly infecting everything it touches and it all simply needs to be set alight and burned in order to eradicate.

Be true to yourself Invar.

We’ll get by without you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 12:52:29 am »
Be true to yourself Invar.

We’ll get by without you.

Yes, you Trump fans have been saying that for the last two years.

You gots no worries from us irrelevants, but then - at the same time - somehow we are responsible for destroying Trump and his party.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 06:43:57 am »

I'm at the place where I often say to myself - 'screw it' - all of it sucks: politics and DC and both parties needs to destroy themselves and be burnt to ash.  Politics is become like smallpox in this country.  The corruption and malfeasance is a plague, contagious and deadly (, or -) infecting everything it touches (begin new sentence here) and it all simply needs to be set alight and burned in order to eradicate.

Ever heard the old saw about not drinking before you post?

Or hiring a proof reader?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 06:44:50 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 07:00:28 am »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 08:09:08 am »
Somebody needs to put that mannequin back in his box.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 08:11:07 am »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 12:23:10 pm »
Sethi: Let the name of Moses Trump be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Egypt America. Let the name of Moses Trump be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.

Related image

Sounds like Bob has some real pathological hate,...and a huge megalomaniacal ego.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:39:32 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 12:26:21 pm »

Being a devote of Yacht Rock I find that meme hysterical. Top Notch.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 12:39:03 pm »
Being a devote of Yacht Rock I find that meme hysterical. Top Notch.

Are you or did you used to be, "Hollywood Steve"? 

"They're not people. They're Jimmy Buffet fans". Was one of my favorite lines from Yacht Rock.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 12:45:28 pm »
Yes, you Trump fans have been saying that for the last two years.

You gots no worries from us irrelevants, but then - at the same time - somehow we are responsible for destroying Trump and his party.

You give yourself too much credit, INVAR.   Just as you say, you're irrelevant - and it's by your choice.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 12:48:30 pm »
  Annulment would repeal all of an unconstitutional president’s appointments and executive actions, and would eliminate the official record of the presidency.  Annulment would recognize that all such appointments, actions, and records were made without constitutional authority.

Stalin would have been proud of you,  shortie.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 04:15:19 pm »
What this represents on a deeper level is the Democrats are finally grasping the concept that even if they impeach Trump, and even if they manage to remove him from office through some miracle, nothing will change. That is what this guy is really saying. This is what he is trying to fix.

All that Trump has done will still be there. Trump's staff will still be in place. And Pence will be the new President with his own vice-President.

Finally, after all this time, the Democrats are only now starting to realize that impeaching Trump does not somehow make Hillary the President, which has been their delusional belief for the last year.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 04:18:39 pm »
You give yourself too much credit, INVAR.   Just as you say, you're irrelevant - and it's by your choice.

Yes.  Wide is the gate that leads to destruction. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 09:26:00 pm »

The left has found their equivalent of birtherism.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 09:35:56 pm »
    It's easy to declare that everyone stand up to somebody when you're 4'11".  /JS

****drummer
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.