Author Topic: Dershowitz: Trump 'more correct than his critics are' with claims about Daniels, McDougal payments  (Read 470 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz: Trump 'more correct than his critics are' with claims about Daniels, McDougal payments

By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Wednesday that President Trump did nothing wrong if he gave Michael Cohen money out of his pocket to pay women to keep them quiet about claims they had sexual relationships with him more than a decade ago.

"If the president had paid $280,000 to these two women, even if he had done so in order to help his campaign, that would be no problem," Dershowitz told Fox News' "Special Report." "The candidate is entitled to contribute a million dollars to his own campaign, as long as he reports it."

Cohen pleaded guilty tuesday to two counts of violating federal campaign-finance law and claimed that he arranged the payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal "at the direction" of then-candidate Trump.

In an interview set to air on "Fox & Friends" Thursday morning, Trump told Fox News' Ainsley Earhardt he did not know that Cohen had made the payments to Daniels and McDougal until "later on" and claimed the funds "didn't come out of the campaign, they came from me."

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/22/dershowitz-trump-more-correct-than-his-critics-are-with-claims-about-daniels-mcdougal-payments.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Something tells me, this is the key phrase and I hope this is the way it is. Campaign $$ might be problematic. I haven't kept up with details perfectly because obviously, this is just a witch hunt:

"...out of his pocket..."

This is done to stop Trump's momentum. I'm wondering what we might see in 2020, people declare themselves as candidates generally the year before, 2019 and that's not far off now... even besides the upcoming midterms.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:41:51 pm by TomSea »